- Lockheed Martin unveils F-35C for Navy. BASSETT, ELIZABETH // Fort Worth Business Press;8/3/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the unveiling of the new Navy fleet aircraft F-35C manufactured by Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. on July 28, 2009. The new model is said to be the first with stealth and supersonic speed that is built for the navy. Included in the discussion are the founders of Lockheed...
- Box wing refueler. Sweetman, Bill; Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Feb99, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p24
Reports on Lockheed Martin's development of a multipurpose aircraft to replace the United States Air Force's fleet of KC-135 inflight-refueling tankers and C-130 transports. Favored configuration as favoring a box wing; Easing of operations from congested tactical airfields; Lower construction...
- C-130 transports to fly with aid of IBM PDM. Teschler, Leland // Machine Design;11/20/97, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p39
Reports that Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems will be utilizing the IBM Product-Market product data management (PDM) system to C-130 aircraft program. Function of PDM software to the aircraft; Purpose of the C-130 program; Other function of PDM software.
- JSF TOOLING TO MICHIGAN. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/27/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p17
Reports the selection of Visoneering Inc. and Models & Tools Inc. to design and manufacture assembly tooling for the Joint Strike Fighter aircraft by Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
- UAE F-16s. Phillips, Edward H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/15/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 24, p86
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. flew the first of 80 F-16E/F fighters for the United Arab Emirates on December 6, 2003 in Fort Worth. Chief test pilot Steve Barter flew the two-seat jet for 50 minutes. Barter performed a series of flight profiles that included evaluation of avionics as well as...
- Award-Winning Film Proves a Viable Paintless Technology. // Industrial Paint & Powder;
Deals with the paintless film technology of 3M company tested on some United State military aircraft from Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. Information on the technology; Details on the test conducted.
- Lockheed gets $1 billion deal. Bassett, Elizabeth // Fort Worth Business Press;8/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p4
The article reports that funding to buy six F-35B short takeoff/vertical landing aircraft has been released by the U.S. Department of Defense to Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co. The $1 billion funding falls under the second of the second low-rate initial production contract for the F-35, which is...
- Filling Gaps. Mathews, Neelam // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 15, p113
The article reports that the sale of up to 36 Lockheed Martin F-16C/D to Pakistan is prompting military leaders in India to call for an acceleration of their own fleet upgrades. When U.S. President George W. Bush backed sale of an unspecified number of aircraft in 2005, India reacted with a...
- Golden Eagle aircraft moves to production. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p134
Reports on the transition of the T-50 Golden Eagle advanced jet trainer program of Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems Co. from full-scale development phase into production in South Korea. Description of the T-50 aircraft; Number of T-50 aircraft ordered by South Korea from the company; Total...