Swift and Effective Retribution
- Nonintervention. Stocker, Jeremy // Naval War College Review;Autumn98, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p42
States that the use of forward-deployed maritime forces to gain military access to the vital littoral areas of the world is an established doctrine in the United States and its principal allies. Objectives of littoral operations; Discussion on intervention, nonintervention and limitation; Types...
- Norway Commissions New Class of Fast Reaction Craft. // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p163
The article reports on the significance of the Fast Reaction Craft (FRC) on Norwegian's maritime operations.
- Crisis looms in the South China Sea. // Filipino Post;4/10/2014, p23
The article reports on Philippines government's views on growing support for Philippines on dispute over control of South China Sea, between Philippines and China, as of April 2014.
- 1996 Naval Operations. // All Hands;Jan97, Issue 957, p4
The article focuses on the U.S. naval operations that took place in 1996.
- DEVIL ON HIS TRAIL. Hawkins, John; Hawkins, Ward // Saturday Evening Post;6/17/1944, Vol. 216 Issue 51, p32
Presents a chapter of the short story "Devil on His Trail," by John and Ward Hawkins, which deals with a naval operation.
- Law of the sea and naval operations. Astley, John; Schmitt, Michael N. // Air Force Law Review;1997, Vol. 42, p119
Discusses the law of the sea and naval operations. Determination of the boundaries of legal regime of the world's waters; Law of neutrality between the nonparties and parties to an armed conflict; Method and means of armed conflicts at the sea.
- MAGTF Area of Operations Turf War or Doctrinal Necessity? Kennedy, Michael R. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Autumn2002, Issue 32, p93
Provides information regarding the Marine air-ground task forces (MAGTF). Absence of a mission and requisite area of operations for MAGTF; Need for the establishment of a MAGTF doctrine; Significance of battlespace and command relationships for MAGTF integration.
- THE CARRIERS HOLD THE LINE. Reilly, John // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun2002, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the importance of aircraft carriers in the naval operations of the U.S. Postwar policy on the assignment of aircraft carriers; Tasks of aircraft carriers; Provision of air support to front-line troops; Interdiction of enemy movement and logistics.
- River Raid on Korea. Bartlett, Merrill L.; Sweetman, Jack // Naval History;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p43
Recounts the Korean Expedition of 1871 of the American navy following the Civil War in Korea. Condsideration of the naval operation as a diplomatic failure; Mission to capture and destroy errant forces; Battle between Korean defenders and the United States army; Presentation of a Medal of Honor...