USS Florida Experiment Presages SSGN Role
- Italian Warship Authority Focuses on Frigate Project. Preston, Anthony // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p27
Reports global developments related to naval science as of December 2002. Partnership between two shipbuilding firms to provide warship design services for the Italian Navy; Establishment of technical standards for the design and operation of multihull vessels in Great Britain; Risk of nuclear...
- TAFFRAIL TALK. // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p10
The article provides information on several activities in the U.S. Navy.
- The London Naval Treaty Explained. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul30, Vol. 9 Issue 6/7, p164
Describes the London Naval Treaty of 1930. Objectives of the American delegation; Features of the three-power agreement; Restrictions of submarines; National security clause.
- Should the London Treaty be Ratified? Pro. Pratt, William V. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul30, Vol. 9 Issue 6/7, p176
Discusses governing factors of the London Naval Treaty. Good will; Naval effectiveness; Costs.
- Forecast International sees $160 billion naval warfare market. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p13
Presents findings from the report `Littoral Warfare: An Emerging Market for Ships and Systems.' Projected worldwide spending on warships and their equipment; Tactical challenges posed to naval forces of littoral regions; Mathematical model for government procurement programs.
- Standing Above The Crowd: Challenge to Earn a Warfare Pin on 'Ike' // All Hands;Jun2002, Issue 1022, p9
Focuses on the Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist and Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist training programs for sailors.
- UNITAS: TRAINING WITH OUR SOUTHERN NEIGHBORS. Barker, Corey // All Hands;Jun2002, Issue 1022, p28
Provides information on the 2002 Caribbean phase of UNITAS, an annual training for sailors from different nations.
- Sea Service Notes. // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p26
Reports on developments related to the U.S. naval forces. Decision to decommission the patrol boat USCGC Matagorda at Bollinger Shipyards; Appointment of Hansford T. Johnson as acting secretary of the Navy; Damage of a Clipper transport aircraft by war protesters.
- SEA POWER INTERNATIONAL. Preston, Antony // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p35
Reports on international naval developments. Upgrade of the combat fleet of the Hellenic Navy; Rescue problems of the Indian navy submariners; Transfer of the Norwegian minelayer to Latvia; Delay of South African Corvettes by cabling defects.