Banard to Succeed Hessman as Editor in Chief
- CRAFTSMAN contemporary. Cole, Regina // Arts & Crafts Homes & the Revival;Fall2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p47
The article focuses how craftsmanship and intimate spaces define a new house that is partly rustic and partly modern. It highlights the collaborative efforts of architect Shawn Leatherwood and Rick Barnard of Rutherford Millwork that successfully executed the homeowners' thoughts and ideas. It...
- BUSINESS. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 231 Issue 7, p93
Presents news updates on the gas industry in the United States, compiled as of July 2004. Election of Robert Catell as chairman of the U.S. Energy Association; Appointment of Rick Barnard as vice president of projects at Gulf Interstate Engineering; Naming of Ron Chapman as CEO of Advantica.
- Time warp. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p70
Profiles a group of magazine professionals in the United States. Includes Mike Lafavore; John Wilson; Roger Black; David Obey; Christy Haubegger; Larry Burke; Martha Stewart; Cathie Black; Johnny Wilson.
- RECOGNIZING FORMER EDITORS IN CHIEF. // Real Estate Issues;Summer2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, piv
Recognizes the efforts of former editors in chief of the periodical `Real Estate Issues.' Contributions of James H. McMullin and Jean C. Felts to the periodical.
- Critical thinking. Espinoza, Zapata // Mountain Bike;Mar96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Recounts the author's experiences as an editor of a bike magazine. Criticisms on his comments on various products; Need for readers to read the truth; Similarities between his opinions and the truth.
- A message from the new editor. Edyburn, Dave L. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the plans of the author as new editor of `Teaching Exceptional Children' periodical. Benchmark of quality and innovation learned from predecessors; Recognition of responsibility for contribution to professional development; Improvement of quality of information provided to the field.
- A new beginning. Nangle, Craig // Motor Age;Nov96, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p94
Relates the thoughts of the author as appointed technical editor for the `Chilton's Motor Age' magazine. Interest in automobiles as an adolescent; Career highlights; Commendation of the in-depth hands-on format adapted by magazine.
- Their eyes have zine the glory. Wilson, Steve; Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on mainstream magazine editors venturing into zines. Editors of `Paris in the 20s'; Zine newsletter `Obscure Publications'; Encroachment of mainstreamers into zineland causing resentment among non-journalists.
- A very good year. Huhn, Mary; Adams, Mark // Brandweek;3/4/96, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
Features editors and publishers of the 1995 best selling magazines in the United States. Includes Amy Churgin of `New York' magazine; Mitchell Fox of `Vanity Fair'; Ann Jackson of `InStyle'; W. Randall Jones of `Worth'; Michael Klingensmith of `Entertainment Weekly'; Kim Mac Leod of `Country...