Boron helps boost winter wheat crops
- UPOTREBA FOSFORGIPSA U PROIZVODNJI PÅ ENICE NA ZEMLJIÅ TU TIPA SOLONJEC. Dragiša, Milošev; Milovoj, Belić; Ljiljana, Nešić; Miodrag, Dimitrijević; Sofija, Petrović; Srđan, Šeremešić // Zbornik Radova - A Periodical of Scientific Research on Field & ;2007, Vol. 43, p47
The paper presented tree years study in vegetation shed carried out in the Mitschelich pots with different quantity of phosphogypsum (0; 50; 100 and 150 g per pot) and nitrogen (0; 0,5; 1,0 and 1,5 g per pot) added to typical layer of solonjec soil (40-60cm) on yield parameters and morphological...
- SOIL COMPACTION INFLUENCE ON WINTER WHEAT YIELD AND SOIL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES. Ţopa, Denis; Ailincăi, Costică; Jităreanu, Gerard // Agronomy Series of Scientific Research / Lucrari Stiintifice Ser;2011, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p306
Soil compaction is widespread and with current trends, its incidence is likely to increase. Tillage effects on soil properties are usually site specific and depend upon the interaction of soil and climatic conditions, with soil and crop management practices. Soil compaction is not a recent...
- Relationship between nitrous oxide emission and winter wheat production. Shutao Chen; Yao Huang; Jianwen Zou // Biology & Fertility of Soils;Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p985
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â A 3-year field study in southeast China was performed to examine the relationship between N2O emission and winter wheat production. Over the 2002Ã¢Â€Â“03, 2003Ã¢Â€Â“04 and 2004Ã¢Â€Â“05 wheat-cropping seasons, N2O emissions depended on nitrogen...
- Response of Wheat Varieties to Boron Application in Calcareous Brown Floodplain Soil at Southern Region of Bangladesh. Halder, N. K.; Hossain, M. A.; Siddiky, M. A.; Nasreen, N.; Ullah, M. H. // Journal of Agronomy;2007, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p21
A field trial was conducted at Calcareous Brown Floodplain Soils of Jessore Regional Agriculture Research Station during the rabi seasons of 2000-2001 and 2001-2002. The objectives were to evaluate the response of wheat varieties to different levels of Boron and to find out the optimum dose of B...
- Comparison among Different Integrated Nutrition Management for Soil Micro and Macro Elements after Winter Wheat Harvesting and Yield. Khodaeijoghan, Aydin; Ghalavand, Amir; Aghaalikhani, Majid; Gholamhoseini, Majid; Dolatabadian, Aria // Notulae Scientia Biologicae;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p107
A comparative field experiment has been conducted in order to study the effect of chemical, organic and integrated nitrogen suppliment on micro and macro nutrient residue after wheat harvesting, at Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran. The treatments consisted in...
- JULY CROP REPORT. // Illinois Farm Report;7/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the crop acreage and production from 2010 to 2011 in Illinois and the U.S. It predicts that wheat yield in 2011 in Illinois will average 61 bushels per acre. It anticipates that there will be estimated 1.36 million bushels of oats production. It also asserts that the...
- Economic returns from cheat (Bromus secalinus) control in winter wheat (Triticum aestivum) Epplin, Francis M.; Peeper, Thomas F.; Ferreira, Kenneth L. // Weed Technology;Apr/Jun1990, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p306
No abstract available.
- Trial yields are on the increase. Andrews, James // Farmers Weekly;8/28/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p48
The article reports on the increase in the yield of winter wheats in the British Home-Grown Cereals Authority's (HGCA) Recommended List (RL) trials, according to RL manager Jim McVittie.
- OPINION. Richardson, David // Farmers Weekly;7/5/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the impact of weather conditions on the production output of farm crops. Effects of wet planting conditions on undrilled farm patches; Forecast on the rate of decrease in the output of winter wheat crop in the U.S.; Actions needed to stabilize the price of farm produce.