Boron helps boost winter wheat crops
- UPOTREBA FOSFORGIPSA U PROIZVODNJI PÅ ENICE NA ZEMLJIÅ TU TIPA SOLONJEC. Dragiša, Milošev; Milovoj, Belić; Ljiljana, Nešić; Miodrag, Dimitrijević; Sofija, Petrović; Srđan, Šeremešić // Zbornik Radova - A Periodical of Scientific Research on Field & ;2007, Vol. 43, p47
The paper presented tree years study in vegetation shed carried out in the Mitschelich pots with different quantity of phosphogypsum (0; 50; 100 and 150 g per pot) and nitrogen (0; 0,5; 1,0 and 1,5 g per pot) added to typical layer of solonjec soil (40-60cm) on yield parameters and morphological...
- SOIL COMPACTION INFLUENCE ON WINTER WHEAT YIELD AND SOIL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES. Ţopa, Denis; Ailincăi, Costică; Jităreanu, Gerard // Agronomy Series of Scientific Research / Lucrari Stiintifice Ser;2011, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p306
Soil compaction is widespread and with current trends, its incidence is likely to increase. Tillage effects on soil properties are usually site specific and depend upon the interaction of soil and climatic conditions, with soil and crop management practices. Soil compaction is not a recent...
- Comparison among Different Integrated Nutrition Management for Soil Micro and Macro Elements after Winter Wheat Harvesting and Yield. Khodaeijoghan, Aydin; Ghalavand, Amir; Aghaalikhani, Majid; Gholamhoseini, Majid; Dolatabadian, Aria // Notulae Scientia Biologicae;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p107
A comparative field experiment has been conducted in order to study the effect of chemical, organic and integrated nitrogen suppliment on micro and macro nutrient residue after wheat harvesting, at Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran. The treatments consisted in...
- Trial yields are on the increase. Andrews, James // Farmers Weekly;8/28/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p48
The article reports on the increase in the yield of winter wheats in the British Home-Grown Cereals Authority's (HGCA) Recommended List (RL) trials, according to RL manager Jim McVittie.
- Blossom midge not just menace is quality wheat. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;6/25/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 26, p53
Reports on the increase in blossom midge attacks on winter wheat yields in Great Britain in 2004. Varieties that are resistant to the pest; Development of midge-resistant varieties by breeders.
- JULY CROP REPORT. // Illinois Farm Report;7/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the crop acreage and production from 2010 to 2011 in Illinois and the U.S. It predicts that wheat yield in 2011 in Illinois will average 61 bushels per acre. It anticipates that there will be estimated 1.36 million bushels of oats production. It also asserts that the...
- Early and low can pay in wheat. Short, Wendy; Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;7/12/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p56
Discusses the ways of reducing seed rates for winter wheat. Correlation between seed rates and yields; Influence of trial plots on yields; Tips on growing wheat; Importance of pesticide and fungicide application to crop yields.
- Spring land availability static despite wheat rises. Abram, Mike // Farmers Weekly;12/31/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 25, p45
The article reports that the available land for spring crops in Great Britain is predicted to remain static despite increases in oilseed rape and winter wheat plantings. According to the article, winter wheat area has expanded by 2 to 3 percent and 4 to 5 percent for oilseed rape. However, the...
- OPINION. Richardson, David // Farmers Weekly;7/5/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the impact of weather conditions on the production output of farm crops. Effects of wet planting conditions on undrilled farm patches; Forecast on the rate of decrease in the output of winter wheat crop in the U.S.; Actions needed to stabilize the price of farm produce.