Assignment: White House
- Letter to Congressional leaders on Bosnia. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/30/97, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p921
Presents President Bill Clinton's letter to Congressional leaders about Bosnia, dated June 20, 1997. Report on US contributions in support of peacekeeping efforts in Bosnia; US military forces deployed.
- Letter to congressional leaders on Haiti. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p452
Presents United States President Bill Clinton's letter to congressional leaders on Haiti dated March 21, 1995. Update on the US military's `Operation Uphold Democracy' in Haiti.
- Does military service count? Erickson, Ralph // Foreign Service Journal;Sep96, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p30
Features past United States presidents who have served in the military one time or another. Includes Ulysses S. Grant; Dwight D. Eisenhower; Jimmy Carter; George Washington; Andrew Jackson.
- Haiti may need an international military presence. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/27/95, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p1
Reports on a plan to deploy personnel to train Haiti's police force and military engineers as UN troops leave Haiti in February 1996. Date set for presidential election in Haiti.
- DEAR ITT IDEOLOGIST. Karman, Pete // In These Times;Dec2011, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p9
The article presents questions and answers on the role of U.S. armed forces in Iraq, as well as the shifting of presidential campaign to comic cornucopia.
- National security, plus. Roemer, Tim // Blueprint;Oct2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 4, p34
Argues that the U.S. military should be a force for good against a range of threats and not just terrorism. Former U.S. presidents who used a balanced national security plan; Claim that the military is not part of that effort to make the world more secure; Characteristics of a balanced and...
- United States Presidents Who Served in the Army. // Monkeyshines on America;Sep2003 U.S. Military Army, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Presents information on U.S. Presidents who served in the country's Armed Forces.
- Statement on House Action To Support Use of United States Armed Forces in Kosovo. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/15/99, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p412
Presents the text of a speech given by the president of the United States (US) on March 11, 1999 which deals with the support of the US House on the use of the country's armed forces in Kosovo, Serbia.
- Deja in review. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;12/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p30
Asserts that current events are a deja vu of past events. Criticism on the sending of American troops to implement peace in Bosnia-Hercegovina; Veracity of motion picture `The American President' which depicts the biography of President Richard Nixon; Earthquake in New York City.