They Just Keep Going and Going and Going and Going and Going
- Enchanted Expedition. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the summer spent by U.S. airmen deployed at French Air Base 25 near Istres, France in 2002. Experiences with French gourmet meals; Disadvantages of the deployment for the airmen; Involvement of the airmen in a refueling mission. INSET: Words out of her mouth.
- Taking Care of Our Own. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on a U.S. Air Force Reserve technical training Air Base, Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas, that provides technical training classes to Air Force reservists. Profile of Air Force Reserve technical training liaison, Tim Savage; Requirements to be fulfilled by Permanent Change of Station...
- High Maintenance. // Oklahoma Today;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma. It describes the base's size and components, including 461 buildings and 18.7 million square feet of workable floor space. It is designated as the state's leading single-site employer with 28,000 military...
- Givin it the GAS. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p36
Features the Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota. Response of the airmen at the base during the terrorist attacks; Aerial refueling provided by the wing; Sense of purpose of the airmen.
- Wright-Patterson Squadron Deploys to Utah. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the deployment of twenty-seven members of the 445th Combat Logistics Support Squadron (CLSS) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Ohio, to Hill AFB in Utah in August 2002. Objective of the deployment; Comments of 445th Logistics Group commander, Robert Hunter; Inspection and...
- AIRMEN FLY VITAL SUPPLIES TO SITES VERY CLOSE TO NORTH POLE. // Ebony;Dec1954, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p27
The article describes how workers at Thule Air Base, a U.S. air base located in the Arctic Circle, distribute supplies to various weather stations in the North Pole region.
- Would you like to sit inside or out? Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p44
Reports on recreational activities available to airmen stationed at the Los Angeles Air Force Base in Los Angeles, California. Water sports activities; Entertainment options; Comments of airmen on the Los Angeles lifestyle. INSETS: Los Angeles Entertainment Liaison Office;Los Angeles AFB at a...
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- Gheding into Italy. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
Describes the Aviano Air Base of the U.S. Air Force in Aviano, Italy, which is surrounded by the Ghedi farmland. Things Senior Airman Roxanne McKinney loves about the place; Features of the place; Recreational facilities accessible to families of military men residing near the air base.