OSI The Fact-Finders
- The forensic utility of soil. Hall, Bruce Wayne // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep93, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the utilization of soil samples in the investigation of a murder. Significance in the conviction of crime organization; Introduction to the nature of soil; Guidelines for proper collection of samples; Process of forensic analysis.
- Editorial Note. // International Journal of Transitional Justice;Jul2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p123
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Emilio Crenzel analyzing how Argentina's National Commission on the Disappearance of Persons created a new public truth and, at the same time, collected evidence that could be used in legal proceedings, one by...
- Lessons to Learn. Becker, Linda // Process Heating;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
The article offers the author's comments on the significance of forensic examinations in the wake of a fire that gutted a food processing facility in Minnesota.
- Shadows of Doubt. Tesler, Pearl // Current Science;1/8/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the efficiency of forensic science in solving various forms of crimes.
- CE TEST PAGE: SIX TOTAL CREDITS AVAILABLE (WITH THE COMPLETION OF ALL 6 CE TESTS). // Forensic Examiner;Winter2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p63
Several quizzes concerning forensic science are presented.
- Forensic science goes on trial. Hammer, Mick // New Scientist;11/9/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1794, p30
Focuses on the establishment of the British Royal Commission on Criminal Justice which will investigate the use of forensic science in criminal investigations. Task of the commission to determine what went wrong in the investigation of a series of bombings in Great Britain in which most of the...
- Read More. Howard, Amanda // Kidnapping File: The Graeme Thorne Case;2007, p32
A list of publications that explore criminal investigation is presented.
- Learn More Online. Howard, Amanda // Kidnapping File: The Graeme Thorne Case;2007, p32
An online resource that explores criminal investigation is presented.
- Every Contact Leaves a Trace. Fuller, Charlie // Forensic Science;2003, p9
Discusses key issues concerning forensic science and its role in crime investigation. Key areas of specialization in forensic science; Key role of forensic science in the gathering of hard evidence presented in trials; Implications on studies of criminality and crime detection. INSETS: CHAIN...