Making mountains, Grand Forks style
- We Try It: Stone Age Climbing Gym. L. F. // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p238
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's workout experience at the Stone Age Climbing Gym in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- No Fear. Bracamonte, Marissa // Parks & Recreation;Dec2014, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p64
The article informs that Laura Grandner, General manager of the recreation equipment manufacturer Pyramide USA Inc. has donated an AquaClimb poolside climbing wall to the Fort Hood military base in Texas and mentions that climbing wall help children to cope up with mental and physical challenges.
- TRIUMPH ACROSS AMERICA. Boulton, Heal // Men's Fitness;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p16
The author reflects on the increasing number of gyms in the U.S. He claims that in a 3,213-mile trip across the country, he was surprised to find out that besides the numerous strip malls, strip clubs and shopping centers, public spaces are widely used for activities such as rock climbing,...
- Climb Your Way Fitter. // Self;Nov2014, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p68
A review is offered for several rock wall climbing studios including Fitwall, Rise Movement, and Vertical Endeavors.
- LOFTY AMBITIONS. KENLEY, CASEY // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2016, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p31
A review is offered for the Evo Rock + Fitness climbing gym located at the former National Guard airplane hangar in Indiana.
- Hit the wall. CARLSON, CAITLIN // Shape;Mar2016, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p80
The article focuses on the significance of climbing workouts. According to Michael Deyhle, an exercise scientist at the University of New Mexico who has studied climbing mechanics, climbing involves much more than using the arms. It is mentioned that while walking up a flight of stairs, even...
- UPHILL CLIMB. Shaver, Jennipher // Fitness Business Pro;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p72
The article focuses on the issue of adding an artificial climbing wall in fitness clubs in the U.S. Accordingly, it is touted that putting climbing walls is an expensive feature and it requires more space in a fitness club. However, fitness experts say that the results for those fitness clubs...
- Keep your resolution without a gym. Stone, Tracie // New Hampshire Business Review;12/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p51
The article discusses several alternative to health club membership in order to get fit. Yoga is one of the choices when considering alternative to getting fit because of its ability to improve the muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina and the reduction of stress. Another suggestion is...
- Get Strong for Steep Sport. ELLISON, JULIE // Climbing;Sep2014, Issue 328, p34
The article offers instructions and techniques for steep rock climbing. Topics of instructions include practising resting starting with steep route and completing it with minimum of two rest, practising endurance starting with small number of laps in a gym and doing 4x4 interval training...