Popcorn: Health horror at the movies?
- Just desserts. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
Evaluates the nutritional value of popcorns in the market. Healthy popcorns including Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends Popcorn, Louise's Low-Fat Buttered Premium Yellow, Bachman's Lite Air Popped PopCorn and Bearitos Lite No Salt No Oil Organic Popcorn; Unhealthy popcorn including...
- Top of the pops. Hurley, Jayne; Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p12
Presents tips on finding healthy popcorn in supermarkets. Comparison with microwaveable popcorn.
- Snack attacked. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p91
Reports that researchers found that buttered popcorn contains much saturated fats.
- Air-popped corn. // Total Health;Jun96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the fat content of air-popped popcorn. Calories derived from vegetable oil; Plain popcorn's fat level.
- `Pop' goes the popcorn. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p36
Presents information on the fat content of popcorn. Comparison of fat content to Snickers bar, Junior Mints, Strawberry Twizzlers.
- Then there's the popcorn factor. T.J. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/30/94, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p12
Discusses saturated fats in movie theater popcorn. The US Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSIP) found that theater popcorn popped in coconut-oil was dangerously high in saturated fats, so Toronto-based Cineplex Odeon and AMC Entertainment Inc. announced they would pop their corn in...
- Popcorn hazard. // New Scientist;4/30/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1923, p11
Reports on popcorn served in American cinemas as a health hazard. Tests by the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Saturated fat content; Cause of problem; Suggestion.
- Pop culture. Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;Feb95, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Features microwave popcorn which contains less calories than popcorn cooked the traditional way. History of popcorn; Caloric content of microwave popcorn; Microwave popcorn products offered by different companies.
- pulse. // Current Health 1;Nov2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses several health-related issues including a 2008 survey which found that people who eat popcorn get more whole grains and fiber in their diets than non popcorn eaters.