Mike Tyson names new Black co-managers
- Rory Holloway and John Horne will help to guide Tyson's career. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/94, Vol. 85 Issue 53, p39
Reports on the appointment of Rory Holloway and John Horne as co-managers of boxer Mike Tyson on August 23, 1994. Comments of Tyson on Holloway and Horne; Expected release of Tyson from the Indiana Youth Center on May 7, 1995; Tyson's plans; Tyson's study of the Muslim faith; Managers' plans...
- Tyson in good hands with Horne and Rory Holloway as co-managers. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;
Reports on former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson's hiring of John Horne and Rory Holloway as his co-managers. Attempts by racist journalists to influence Tyson to fire King as adviser; Tyson's determination to return to full training.
- Tyson, King, Horne and Holloway are back together once again. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;
Comments on the press conference held by the promoters and managers of the boxer Mike Tyson. Co-managers John Horne and Rory Holloway; Promoter Don King; Question and answer session.
- Iron Mike comes out swinging against Peter McNeeley. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;5/27/95, Vol. 86 Issue 21, p52
Announces that boxer Mike Tyson will return to the ring for the first time after leaving prison in a fight against Peter McNeeley, on August 19, 1995. Comment from Rory Holloway, Tyson's co-manager; Tyson's goal to regain the heavyweight championship of the world.
- Rory Holloway: My Life came to a halt when Mike Tyson was jailed. Evans, Howie // New York Amsterdam News;12/24/94, Vol. 85 Issue 52, p48
Focuses on Rory Holloway's account of how he was affected when Mike Tyson was sentenced for imprisonment. Tyson and Holloway's friendship; Holloway's feelings when visiting Tyson in jail.
- Life after iron Mike. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;05/18/98, Vol. 88 Issue 20, p35
Focuses on John Horne, former manager of boxer Mike Tyson. Horne's comments after the June, 1997 Tyson-Evander Holyfield fight; Horne's desire to make a more genial impression; His role in the motion picture `Unconditional Love'; Horne's court battle with Tyson over contractual matters.
- Tyson claims ignorance on financial details. // Jet;1/30/89, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p50
No abstract available.
- Tyson scuffles in Canada during visit with Givens. // Jet;1/30/89, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p51
No abstract available.
- Tyson, Leonard, honored as WBC's top fighters. // Jet;2/27/89, Vol. 75 Issue 21, p47
Report that fighters Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard shared the World Boxing Council's (WBC) Boxer of the Year award.