- Diecutting's future remains bright in folding carton industry. // Paperboard Packaging;Nov93, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the presentation of the findings of "Official Board Markets" periodical editor Mark Arzoumanian's survey on folding carton converters' demand for cutting-edge technology at the International Association of Diemakers and Diecutters 1993 meeting. Changes in the diecutter technology...
- IADD announces event schedule. // Paperboard Packaging;Jan97, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p12
Reports on International Association of Diemakers and Diecutters' (IADD) programming schedule in 1997. Contact information.
- Roadmap to boost mould and die manufacturing. Rummer, George // Manufacturers' Monthly;Nov2003, p8
Focuses on the effort of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems to develop a Technology Roadmap for the mould and die manufacturing sector of the Australian tooling industry. Formation of a Community of Common Interest in Die and Mould Design and Manufacturing; Benefits of the initiative to...
- Drawing Speed Considerations -- Part 6. Wright, Roger N. // Wire & Cable Technology International;May/Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p76
The article presents a formula, which estimates the maximum temperature at the wire surface as the wire exits the die. It states that the drawing-speed-independent contribution of friction to the equilibrated wire temperature is only 29 degree Celsius. It mentions that the overall contribution...
- Flexible cutting dies allow texturing. // Converter;Nov2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p27
The article offers brief information on Lartec Flexible Dies' Altius series, which is designed for die cutting thick materials.
- Dynamic Dies Creates Color Management Piece. // Official Board Markets;1/15/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p10
Cites the efforts of Holland, Ohio-based Dynamic Dies Inc. in promoting the company's ability to effectively predict color through color management. Focus on the coaster set produced for the SuperCorrExpo 2004 event which exemplifies the broad capabilities of the company in diecut and printing...
- Sanitary end conversion tooling. // CanTech International;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p39
Reports on Apex Tool Works' development of tooling designed to convert single reduced plate die sets to double reduced plate. Evaluation of existing tooling to determine the minimum modifications necessary to cost-effectively convert that tooling to run double reduced plate in the existing press.
- Improving 22nm design space with source/design optimazation. Blatchford, Jim; Prins, Steve; Dam, Thuc; Pang, Linyong // Solid State Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p36
The article focuses on the source/design optimization (SDO) technique to extract design rules for metal layers while performing free-form illumination at the same time. It states that SDO addresses the challenge of the global optimization of the source and mask in source/mask optimization (SMO)...
- ASK JIM. // Forging;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p40
This article presents questions and answers related to forging. The questions are asked by various readers of the journal "Forging." One reader says that his company has been changing over from cold trimming to hot trimming. He says that the company has had some minor flaws at the parting line...