- Drawing Speed Considerations -- Part 6. Wright, Roger N. // Wire & Cable Technology International;May/Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p76
The article presents a formula, which estimates the maximum temperature at the wire surface as the wire exits the die. It states that the drawing-speed-independent contribution of friction to the equilibrated wire temperature is only 29 degree Celsius. It mentions that the overall contribution...
- Flexible cutting dies allow texturing. // Converter;Nov2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p27
The article offers brief information on Lartec Flexible Dies' Altius series, which is designed for die cutting thick materials.
- Roadmap to boost mould and die manufacturing. Rummer, George // Manufacturers' Monthly;Nov2003, p8
Focuses on the effort of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems to develop a Technology Roadmap for the mould and die manufacturing sector of the Australian tooling industry. Formation of a Community of Common Interest in Die and Mould Design and Manufacturing; Benefits of the initiative to...
- Diecutting's future remains bright in folding carton industry. // Paperboard Packaging;Nov93, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the presentation of the findings of "Official Board Markets" periodical editor Mark Arzoumanian's survey on folding carton converters' demand for cutting-edge technology at the International Association of Diemakers and Diecutters 1993 meeting. Changes in the diecutter technology...
- IADD announces event schedule. // Paperboard Packaging;Jan97, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p12
Reports on International Association of Diemakers and Diecutters' (IADD) programming schedule in 1997. Contact information.
- Verbruggen die suits films up to 5 layers. // Plastics News;1/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p14
No abstract available.
- The Twin-Cut Diecutting System. // Paperboard Packaging;Sep2004, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p46
The Twin-Cut is a diecutting system based on magnetic cylinders that can process all formats with only two pairs of magnetic cylinders, without replacing the cylinders. OMET introduces its patented diecutting unit Twin-Cut, inline with the narrow-web gearless rotary machine Varyflex to produce...
- Maintaining the Hand of the Artist in Production: Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM): A technical paper on diemaking using graphite positives. Baldwin, P. H. // Metalsmith;Summer1986, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p48
The article discusses the method of diemaking using the process of electrical discharge machining (EDM). EDM has been utilized in the toolmaking industry since the late 1940s. For die preparation, a copper-impregnated graphite is made for use in the EDM machine as an excellent conductor of...
- Die sets set the standard. // Metalworking Production;Dec2004, Vol. 148 Issue 13, p49
Reports on the purchase of a fully machined die set of Brauer Coley Ltd. by Gilberts (Blackpool) in England. Purpose of the die set; Distinct features of the; Company profile of Brauer Coley.