Maybelline returns to its youth
- Maybelline to expand Shine Free's base. Kagan, Cara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/6/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 88, p10
Reports on Maybelline Co.'s plan to expand the core consumer group of its Shine Free cosmetics line. Evolution of a television spot for Shine Free; Debut of advertising campaign; Age group of women targeted by the cosmetic line; Cost of advertising; Model to be featured by the advertisement.
- Maybelline revitalizing: Growing pains. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/30/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 64, p7
Reports on the slower-than-expected sales of Maybelline's Revitalizing skin care and cosmetics brand. Long time to implement the company's Revitalizing program in mass market outlets; Overall slowdown in the color cosmetics business.
- Maybelline aims to attract all ages. Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;11/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 50, p3
Reports on Maybelline's two-pronged marketing strategy for 1995. Reemphasis on youth marketing while attempting to revitalize the baby-boomer targeted cosmetic line; Details of 1995 plans; Sales of cosmetics aimed at women over 35; Advertising spending.
- L'Oreal readies Maybelline for international expansion. Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;2/24/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p3
Reports the plan by L'Oreal SA to globally expand Mabelline's cosmetics. Gotham, New York as keeping the Maybelline account after L'Oreal's acqusition of Maybelline; First time L'Oreal has made an acquisition of an American company; Sales data; Market share.
- Maybelline makes big cuts in print spending in favor of TV. Liebman, Hanna // MediaWeek;7/12/93, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p6
Reports on Maybelline Co.'s across the board reduction of its print ad budget for the fourth quarter of 1993. Option to increase television spending for the Revitalizing Face line of make-up products; Reduction as seen by publishers; Titles of publication affected by the reduction.
- Maybelline readies Ombrelle suncare brand for U.S. intro. Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;2/23/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p48
Reports that Cosmair's Maybelline plans to market a sun protection brand called Ombrelle in 1998. How Maybelline acquired Ombrelle; Details about how it is currently marketed; Estimates for the advertising budget; How Maybelline is expected to perform against sun protection market leader...
- Beauty by the bunch: The latest strategy in mass cosmetics. Kagan, Cara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/26/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p1
Reports on developments concerning cosmetic manufacturers worldwide as of January 26, 1996. Revlon's plan to extend its ColorStay line of long-wearing lipstick into a collection of five products; Maybelline's plan to launch line extensions of its Great Line mascara; Trend towards the use of a...
- Maybelline eyes top spot. Klepacki, Laura // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/9/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 68, p10
Outlines plans of Maybelline to boost its beauty products. Launching of Hydra Time moisturizing lip color; Features of Maybelline's Express Finish quick-drying nail polish; Express Makeup 3 in 1 foundation, concealer and powder.
- Maybelline turns to Eurasian model. Madden, Normandy // Advertising Age;9/21/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p12
The article reports that Maybelline LLC has launched a print advertising campaign in Asia to promote its Manhattan Mauve, line of cosmetics. The campaign marks the first time an Asian face has been used by Maybelline to promote cosmetics. Manhattan Mauves, a new line of lipstick and nail colors...