Pope asks audience `Are you pro-cane?'
- WORLD. Kilborn,, Robert; Nichols, and, Judy; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;3/23/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 84, p24
Offers world news briefs for March 23, 2000, including gestures offered by Pope John Paul II indicating recognition of a Palestinian government.
- Remembering Pope John Paul II. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/4/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p6
The author describes how he nearly captured the photograph most wanted by the media when the stage where Pope Paul II was when he spoke to people in San Antonio, Texas collapsed and crashed to the ground.
- Pope returns to Christian identity theme. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;6/20/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p13
Looks at Pope John Paul's trip to Croatia as a sentimental journey reconnecting the Polish pope with fellow Slav Catholics who survived a brutal civil war. Consideration of the Croatia trip as a nostalgic exercise to Pope John Paul II; Contribution of the tradition of Croatia to strengthening...
- In Memory of John Paul II. Kmie&caute;, Stas // Polish American Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that the 7th Annual Tribute Concert in memory of Pope John Paul II took place on Mother's Day, May 13, 2012 at Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City.
- THIS WEEK IN HISTORY. // Human Events;5/14/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p28
The article presents information about Pope John Paul II who was born Karol Josez Wotyla in the Polish town of Wadowice on May 18, 1920.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Thomas // National Catholic Reporter;3/14/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on the plea made for the pope to visit Iraq in order to trip up U.S. war efforts Iraq. Request for the pope to stay in Baghdad until a peaceful solution to the crisis in reached; Papal involvement in international diplomacy.
- Late Pope Wished To Take a Dip In Ganga. // India -- West;5/6/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p40A
The article reports that the Pope John Paul II wished to take a dip in the Ganga River in India.
- FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES�. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2000, Issue 104, p81
Focuses on public reaction to the Catholic Church's public confession of the sins of her children over the centuries. Concerns raised by cardinals; Pope John Paul II's awareness of the risks involved; Sign of the Church's confidence in the forgiving and renewing grace of God in Christ;...
- Of Many Things. Reese, Thomas J. // America;10/31/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 13, p2
Comments on the 20th anniversary of the election of Pope John Paul II and his impact on the world and the church. Pope's support for solidarity and freedom in Poland; Implications of his elections to the Polish people; His achievements during his 20 years as pope.