Floyding the market
- Touring Biz Laments As Stars Stay Home. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;9/14/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p1
Presents updates on concert tours as of September 14, 2002. Music performers who stated their intentions to back off from touring; Information on international touring of the band Pink Floyd; Retirement of other artists from touring.
- Chapter 1: Together Again for Justice. // Pink Floyd;2007, p8
Chapter 1 of the book "Pink Floyd, 2007," is presented. It deals with the reunion of the rock band Pink Floyd. The last time Roger Waters had joined David Gilmour, Nick Mason, and Rick Wright for a Pink Floyd performance was on June 17, 1981, for a concert at London, England's Earls Court. Now,...
- Cowboy up and trip out with George Jones and Pink Floyd. D'Andrea, Niki // Echo Magazine;10/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p68
Provides information on the concerts to be performed by musicians George Jones and Pink Floyd in Arizona in October 2003. Songs to be performed by Jones at the Arizona State Fair; Information on the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular at the Marquee Theater in Tempe; Background on the careers of Jones...
- Oh, by the way, which one's blue? Lappen, John // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, p175
Reviews music performing group Blue Floyd's tribute concert to Pink Floyd in West Hollywood, California.
- Pink Floyd's record run. Johnson, Beth // Entertainment Weekly;3/17/95, Issue 266, p106
Recalls how Pink Floyd's `Dark Side of the Moon' became the longest-charting rock album of all time on March 22, 1980, after 303 weeks on the `Billboard' 200 top album chart. How the album continued on the chart until 1988, after a total of 741 weeks; History of Pink Floyd; How the album was...
- Pocahontas and the Blowfish. Jolson-Colburn, Jeffrey // Hollywood Reporter;6/22/95, Vol. 337 Issue 40, p4
Reports on Hootie & Blowfish and Pink Floyd teaming up to knock the group out of the top slot at the nation's record retailers.
- Pink Floyd reissues on MD. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;11/5/94, Vol. 106 Issue 45, p132
Reports on Sony Music Corp.'s release of remastered versions of Pink Floyd albums for exclusive release on MiniDisc.
- ROGER WATERS. Waddell, Ray // Billboard;2/19/2011, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the musician Roger Waters, with particular focus given to his participation in the band Pink Floyd, his "The Wall" tour, and his financial success.
- ROCKER LAUNCHED PINK FLOYD. Gallo, Phil // Daily Variety;7/12/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the death of Syd Barrett, a music legend and founder of the rock group Pink Floyd. Barrett died from symptoms related to diabetes at the age of 60. He was in his home in Cambridge, England. Barret's career did not last long because of his problems with LSD and speculated...