Multicultural students without multicultural education: A case study in misunderstanding
- Higher education's chameleons. Palinchak, Robert S. // Community College Week;05/04/98, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p4
Part II. Surveys the role of two-year colleges and community colleges in the American society. Trends in two-year college education; Criticisms agaisnt this type of education; Forces that influence the trends in two-year college education.
- Let the transformation begin. Boggs, George R. // Community College Week;03/23/98, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p4
Opinion. Discusses the importance of community colleges in the United States. How technology has transformed the way people live and do business; Community colleges as one of the great successes of the United States; Urge for colleges to improve institutional effectiveness; Learners as the...
- Clinton, Gore tour colleges in Connecticut, South Carolina. Evelyn, Jamilah // Community College Week;04/20/98, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p13
Provides information on the tour of United States (US) President Bill Clinton and US Vice President Al Gore to community colleges in Connecticut and South Carolina. Impression of Lasenta Lewis, a single mother who completed courses at Midland Tech, on Vice President Gore; Information on what...
- Rotarians invited to sponsor TVCC athletes. Wheeler, Robyn // Malakoff News (TX);8/15/2014, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p3
The article reports on the support of the Athens Rotary Club to the outreach Friends of the Cardinals program of the Athens-Trinity Valley Community College (TVCC).
- LEARNING MADE ACCESSIBLE. MENARD, VALERIE // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;12/9/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p15
The article discusses collaboration between New Jersey community colleges and businesses to improve access to college training. The New Jersey Council of Community Colleges (NJCCC) provides the resources of 19 colleges to in-state businesses, often with tailored training programs that are taught...
- Symposium on Contemporary Challenges. Berry, David A.; Graff, Gerald; Nelson, Cary // Liberal Education;Winter2010, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the challenges that confront educational institutions. It mentions the rewards earned by teachers from teaching humanities in community colleges wherein the best satisfaction comes the teachers' contribution in the achievement of their students. It mentions that higher...
- Connecting the Agricultural Education Community Puzzle. English, Chastity Warren; Fuller, Jennifer; Monge, Patricia; Thompson, Kedena // Agricultural Education Magazine;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p6
The article offers the authors' insights on how to integrate agricultural education in the community. The authors mention that developing partnership between agricultural teachers and stakeholders in the local community will help alleviate the burden of educating the agricultural community....
- Fla. College Chucks Incognito Image. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Community College Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p2
Focuses on the marketing campaign of Palm Beach Community College. Importance of perception surveys for community colleges; Teleconference organized by the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations to address the challenges faced by community colleges.
- A Career that is PLAYING TO WIN. Reese, Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p24
The article provides updates on the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. It has been mentioned that the industry has been expanding, thus, its need of well-trained employees had also grown along with revenue. In this connection, the Community College of Southern Nevada offers courses that could...