Indoor rain: The shower's short history
- American Standard studies bathroom usage. Lenius // Supply House Times;Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p34
Discloses the results of a study conducted for American Standard on bathroom usage in the United States. Bathroom wishes of respondents of the `1999 Bathroom Habits Survey'; Preference of respondents for hot showers; Average length of time spent in shower; Days when consumers spend the most...
- The big picture. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May98, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p52
Discusses trends in bathroom faucets and accessories. Finishes; Matching tub/shower units and accessories; Luxury faucets.
- AT-HOME SPA. Starkey, Tricia // Ultimate Home Plan Collection;Summer2005, p24
Features bathroom equipment and supplies, available in the United States as of Summer 2005. Personal shower kit from Danze; Body shower jets and showerheads from American Standard; Hand shower and showerhead from Alsons.
- BATHROOM: planning pointers. // Australian House & Garden;Mar2003, Issue 3, p254
Discusses ways to design the bathroom as of March 2003. Importance of designing the bathroom; Reasons for having a shower in the bathroom; Space of the bathrooms; Availability of the products featured in the bathroom.
- Add Water and Stir. Weber, Mary Louise // New Republic;4/14/79, Vol. 180 Issue 15, p11
Discusses a diminishing supply of water in the United States and the need to reduce water consumption in bathrooms. Shower-baths and toilet-flushing account for almost three-fourths of household water use; 29 gallons of water per day lost in flushing; Recommendation to remodel the plumbing...
- Showered with praise. Warren, Bonnie // New Orleans Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p60
Features three bathrooms. Advantages of a steam unit in the shower; Benefits of an open master bedroom and bathroom; Use of granite walls in the jacuzzi.
- PLAY MISTY FOR ME. Pickette, Sarah // Australian House & Garden;Mar2013, p207
The article discusses how showers should be installed in a bathroom. It is stated that the shower should not occupy more than a quarter space of the bathroom, and a full-height glass screen can be place on one side. It is suggested that twin showers should be used, along with integrated LED...
- 'Modern Marvels.'. Sweet, Jack // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct2006, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p6
The author reflects on issues related to the plumbing, heating and cooling industries. He discusses the significance of the television program "Modern Marvels" to the history of bathing, showering and other relevant and associated activities. He comments on the role of plumbers in the evolution...
- New dimension adds 3-D. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;03/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p12
Focuses on trends in the bathroom products industry in the United States. Appearance of holographic images on shower curtains and toilet seats; Nautical designs by Town & Country Living; Burlington House's introduction of its holographic product called Diamond.