Public affairs challenges addressed at seminar
- Determining the Tax Status of Certification Income. Kalick, Laura // Association Management;May2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p19
This article focuses on determining of the tax status of certification income. To the question whether income from an association's certification program always is exempt from taxation the answer is that No. 501(c)(3) organizations must show that their certification programs serve the public...
- Division asks more public policy activity. Thorelli, Hans B. // Marketing News;4/1/73, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p4
The article focuses on the American Marketing Association's (AMA) Public Policy and Issue Division. The division is conducting a seminar on advertising and the public interest promises to be held from May 9-11. The seminar is a milestone in the public debate on the role of promotion in society....
- Ghost Ranch Seminar -- July 25-31 PATHS TO A JUST AND PEACEFUL WORLD. // Network News;Fall2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p31
The article presents information on the seminar "Paths to a Just and Peaceful World," to be held during July 25-31. National and global events seem to be spiraling out of control, whether it is U.S. militarism/imperialism, the earth's environment, massive hunger and disease, millions of refugees...
- America's least wanted. Nixon, Robert; Quirk, Kristen M. // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p45
Reports on the Council on Economic Priorities' 1995 list of the United States' worst corporate polluters. Names of corporations included in the list; Contact information.
- Patrons and entrepreneurs: A response to `public interest... Imig, Douglas R.; Berry, Jeffrey M. // Political Research Quarterly;Mar96, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p147
Presents information on public interest group entrepreneurs. History of public interest groups; Influences of these groups; Development; Examination findings by professors Nownes and Neeley; References.
- Stewing in NYPIRG kitchen. Kamen, Robin // Crain's New York Business;04/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
No abstract available.
- Whistleblowers. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p60
Presents information on the amount of money that the whistle blower lawsuits have recouped for the government. Details on how the number of cases have increased since 1988; Identification of how much money has been saved the government by these cases in 1997 as opposed to 1988; Reference to...
- America's most unwanted. Wilkins, Francis // Environmental Action;Winter96, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the Council on Economic Priorities has released its annual list of America's worst corporate environmental offenders. Council on Economic Priorities' Campaign for Cleaner Corporations.
- Crime, government, economy top concerns of nation. // National Minority Politics;Jan95, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Presents the results of a Harris Poll which indicates that the American public's concern is focused on crime prevention, government policies and economic growth.