- Sex in the Media. Daly, Melissa // Human Sexuality Supplement;Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the concern whether sex in the television affects the attitude of the viewers.
- THE FEMININITY GAME. Boslooper, Thomas; Hayes, Marcia // Saturday Evening Post;Nov/Dec1973, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the rules of the femininity game. Example of arbitrary attitudes that divide masculine and feminine natures into polar opposites; Reason why women play the femininity game; Information on women's attitudes toward competition and success.
- sexism Politics/Feminism. // Dictionary of Theories;2002, p483
Definition of the term sexism is presented. It refers to the assumption of fundamental male superiority. It believes that the observable differences between men and women are neither accidental nor socially constructed but are the expression of fundamental and immutable differences which justify...
- Do You Have Sexy Confidence? Smith, Riann; Triffin, Molly // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p130
The article presents a quiz for girls to find out about their boldness and sexual behavior. If a girl scores more than 15 points, it means that the girl project so many "I'm hot!" vibes that guys need a cold shower after just looking at her. Surrounded by bikini-clad supermodels, the girl thinks...
- SECRETS. // Cosmo Girl;Sep2003, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p60
Unveils several secrets done and told by girls in the U.S. Relationship between brothers and sisters; Technique in sneaking to have sex.
- ON SEXUAL IDENTITY: VOICES FROM PHILOSOPHY OF SEX CLASS. Quinn, Carol; Lintz, Howard; Matherly, Jason; Marsh Jr., Jack E.; Piñero, Samuel // APA Newsletters;Spring2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p61
Offers different perspectives on issues relating to sexual identity. Standard representations of boys and girls within a society; Criteria for explaining the idea of human sexual identity; Philosophical perspective on transgenderism; Analysis of the use of sexual essentialisms in current...
- LA PROMOTION DE L'ABSTINENCE DANS LES PROGRAMMES D'�DUCATION EN MATI�RE DE SANT� SEXUELLE: LE POINT DE VUE DE JEUNES FRANCO-CONTARIENNES DU NORD. Benoit, Monique; Dragon, Jean; Bourdreau, Marie-Ghyslaine; Muhimpundu, Sonia // Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p109
This qualitative study examined perceptions of abstinence-only sex education in two focus group samples of female French Canadian youth in Northern Ontario. One group had taken a high school sexuality education course that promoted abstinence and did not cover contraception and safer sex...
- Gangster Feminism: The Feminist Cultural Work of HBO's "The Sopranos." Johnson, Merri Lisa // Feminist Studies;Summer2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p269
This article argues that the third season of the HBO series "The Sopranos" can be read as a sophisticated feminist analysis of the social, economic and cultural roots of gendered violence. The author demonstrates that there is a thin line between a media critique of violence and its reproduction...
- The Attitudes of Nigerians Toward Women Managers. Adeyemi-Bello, Tope; Tomkiewicz, Joseph M. // Journal of Social Behavior & Personality;1996 Special Issue, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p133
The research that has been done in the United States indicates that males and females perceive successful managers as possessing characteristics that are generally ascribed more to men than women. In this study, a sample of 70 Nigerians was used to investigate the impact of gender on attitudes...