The terror of love
- 'All Men? . . . Yes, All'. Stahel, Thomas H. // America;9/14/1974, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p120
The article presents insights on scriptures. It says that it is necessary for all men to pray without exception. Moreover, the awareness of this truth plays a key role in building faith. It states that God is generously concerned with everyone. It also mentions the views of Saint Ignatius Loyola...
- Risky business. Pohl, Christine // Christian Century;8/15/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 23, p16
Discusses the importance for a man to be righteous by fearing God and delighting in following His commandments. How the picture of sturdiness stands in contrast with the way many people live; Fragility of human virtues and interactions; Characteristics of sturdy righteous; Teaching of Jesus...
- Anti-Prejudice Prescriptions For True Believers. // Advocate;7/27/77, Issue 220, p36
Discusses that the May 1977 issue of the journal 'The Plain Truth' consists of a set of prescriptions that should be read and heeded by all God-fearing church people. Founders of the journal; Subjects discussed in the journal.
- Fear of the Lord. OLSON, CARL // Our Sunday Visitor;11/13/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 29, p14
The author contends that people who have a proper fear of God are aware and awake spiritually.
- The race of the God-fearers. Lieu, J.M. // Journal of Theological Studies;Oct95, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p483
Attempts to identify the bearers of the epithet `God-fearers' in the scriptures. `God-fearers' as a class of gentile sympathizers with a close relationship to the Jewish synagogue which was less than full conversion; Distinctive reference in the Book of Acts; General history of fear of God;...
- FROM THE BIBLE. // East Bernard Express (TX);1/ 3/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a proverb regarding the knowledge of Holy One and fear of the Lord.
- Hankering after the `old faith'. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;4/30/1994, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p31
Discusses a bible passage from the First Letter of John. Extent of God's love to mankind; Commandment; God's kind of love.
- God is holding you up. // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 172, p17
Focuses on God's love. Christian Science; God's help in times of troubles.
- God's power: The only power. // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 183, p17
No abstract available.