Spring, summer best time to change eating habits
- Food trends keep coming, and coming and... Johnston, Ruth Mossok // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 89, p15
Discusses changing food trends in the United States. How food trends occur; How food trends have benefitted chefs; What food choices for the consumer are based on; Number of cooking Web sites on the Internet.
- Discovering the hidden forces that rule your eating habits. Ternus, Maureen // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Lists the factors that influence eating habits. Reminder of comforting people, places and events; Increase in appetite when eating with friends; Healing powers of eating.
- Eating your way through vacation. Grosnoff, Kathryn Neil // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jun93, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p7
Discusses the tendency to overeat during vacations and holidays. Planning; Healthy eating for kids; Taking charge of the menu. INSET: Untitled (ordering tips)..
- How the elite eat. Ball, Aimee Lee; Meier, Raymond // Harper's Bazaar;Sep96, Issue 3418, p446
Reports on the eating habits of some American elite ladies. Responses of some ladies on their eating habits; Parallels between contemporary angst about food and anxiety about sex from the book `Good Girls Don't Eat Dessert'; Explanation of the researchers at the New York Obesity Center about the...
- Domino's theory: Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health (10544836);Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p29
Looks at the findings of a survey conducted by researchers at Harvard University, on the eating habits of men. Protection from cancer; Other findings.
- Which daypart were you referring to? Lunch, dinner or humpmunch? Kapner, Suzanne; Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p32
Reports on an article published on `The Futurist' on the changes in the eating habits of Americans. Addition of number of meals in a day.
- Down under, they like washable. // Restaurant Business;1/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p74
Reports on Australian's preference for sit-down meals and washable dishes and flatware. Food favored by Australians.
- Discovering your secret food cravings. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Sep93, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
Presents a questionnaire on people's eating habits. Current diet; Skipping of breakfast; Eating of cereal for dinner; Frequency of eating fast food; All-time favorite food; Number of alcoholic beverages consumed for a week; Number of cups of coffee consumed for a day; Vitamin/mineral supplement...
- Time-starved Americans are eating out more. // Prepared Foods;May95, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p196
Reports that more Americans are dining out due to a lack of time to prepare home-cooked meals, according to a Thomas Food Industry Register-Find/SVP February 1995 survey. Increased concern over nutrition.
- Assessing the national diet. // Consumer Reports on Health;Dec96, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p141
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the US Department of Agriculture on Americans' food habits. Share of fats to total calories; Decline in the consumption of saturated fat; Neglect of vegetables.