Grassroots warriors waging battle over sex-ed. curriculum
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY FOR PROMOTION OF THE SEXUAL HEALTH IN THE ADOLESCENCE: WHAT THE EDUCATORS SAY? Vasconcelos De Araújo, Flávia; Do Amaral Gubert, Fabiane; Fernandes Scopacasa, Lígia; Neyva Da Costa Pinheiro, Patrícia; Francenely Cunha Vieira, Neiva; Silva De Araújo, Thábyta // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p1887
Objective: to identify how public school teachers perceive the use of educational technology in the school environment Method: qualitative study, supported in the pedagogical model of Paulo Freire's culture Cycle along the teachers of a public school in Fortaleza-CE. The collection of...
- HEALTH EDUCATION ON SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES WITH ADOLESCENTS: A CASE REPORT. Rosendo da Silva Costa, Danyella Augusto; Rosendo da Silva, Richardson Augusto; Barbosa Davim, Rejane Marie; Costa e Silva Silva, Rhuama Karenina // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p2312
Objective: to report our experience about actions of health education for adolescents, focusing on the thematic about sexuality and prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Method: a descriptive study, of the type of experience reporting on...
- Reviews: Wallcharts. Westhead, Kathy // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Summer98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p156
Reviews the educational materials `Classifying Animals' and `Classifying Plants,' from Pictorial Charts Educational Trust.
- SCIENCE. Cook, Sybilla // School Library Journal;Oct81, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p122
Reviews educational materials on science. 'Energy from the Sun,' produced by the National Geographic Society; 'Life in a Pond,' produced by the National Geographic Society.
- The Cultures and Peoples of the Arab World: A Curriculum Kit for Grades K-4. // Faces;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p47
Features the development of educational multimedia kit for elementary grades by the Teaching Resource Center at the Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Components of the multimedia kit; Subject on the development of the educational kit; Cost and...
- Electronic education media sales are projected to hit $1.15 billion in 1999, according to Simba... // Electronic Education Report;11/24/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the increased sales of electronic teaching devices in 1999 according to the study findings of Simba Information.
- Caregivers. Turpie, Irene D. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/28/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p175
Reviews the video and guidebook set, `Caregivers,' directed and made by Dan Curtis.
- YTD College Sales Increase 7.2% Through May. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the increases in sales of college instructional materials by 7.2 percent in the U.S. through May 2011.
- AAP: College Market Sees March Decline, But K-12 Has Strong Month. // Educational Marketer;05/15/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the sales status of college textbooks and instructional materials to elementary schools in the United States in March 2000.