New venture proposes projects in Northwest
- Utilities toss ISO plan for regional entity. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan98, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the rejection of a Midwest independent system operator by 11 investor-owned electric utilities in the United States in favor of a memorandum of understanding creating an independent, regional transmission entity. Companies participating in the memorandum.
- El Salvador sells stake in distribution companies. // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb98, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p6
Reveals that the government of El Salvador has sold 75 percent stakes in each of four distribution companies or $586.1 million to bidders from Venezuela, Chile, and the United States.
- Manufacturing executives share T&D automation business outlook. Newton, Chuck // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb98, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p12
Presents the results of a survey conducted among manufacturing executives worldwide indicating their outlook on spending for utility transmission and distribution automation in the electric utilities. Ranking of issues relating to T&D automation; Estimates of market direction and degree for 1998.
- World news update. // Transmission & Distribution World;Apr98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Presents developments in the electric utilities industry as of April 1998. Includes the California Power Exchange Corp.'s change of business operation; Increase in the number of business transaction for several electric utility company in Great Britain; Plan of Western States Coordinating...
- Let's get the formula right. Bush, Rick // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug98, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p6
Opinion. Examines ways electric utility companies can implement to be competitive in the wholesale market in the United States. Challenges in creating and operating regional independent system operators (ISO); Disadvantages of ISO as cited by Tony Schuster, vice president of transmission for...
- Trading arrangements may re rearranged. // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug98, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p10
Details findings of a report released by Stephen Littlechild, director general of electricity supply in Great Britain, which suggests a replacement for the trading arrangements in the country. Replacement of trading arrangements in line with those being adopted in other competitive commodity...
- NERC 2002--2011 Reliability Assessment. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p32
Evaluates the reliability of bulk electric systems in North America. Promotion of bulk electric system reliability and security by the North American Electric Reliability Council; Efficacy of mitigating potential reliability impacts; Subjectivity of transmission systems to loading patterns.
- A New Lifeline for the Field. Drinnan, Pat // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the business environment at electric power firm Aquila Networks Canada in Alberta. Use of mobile technologies to effectively manage major changes in the administrative, operations and maintenance support areas; Centralization of maintenance functions for the distribution facilities;...
- Against the current, some cities seek to buy power utilities. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p27
Reports on the plans of Las Cruce, New Mexico and Enid, Oklahoma city governments to purchase power utilities. Las Cruces' efforts in taking over El Paso Electric Systems Co.; Holding of a referendum in Enid to decide the purchase of a power utility; Citing of potential cost savings, economic...