Staples names new president
- Charge Widens Sports Authority Loss. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/30/98, Vol. 176 Issue 102, p12
Reports on the sales performance of Sports Authority Inc. Net loss during the third quarter of 1998; Comments from Marty Hanaka, the company's chief executive officer.
- The Sports Authority chairman, founder steps down. // Discount Store News;5/3/99, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the possibility of Marty Hanaka's promotion as chairman of The Sports Authority following the resignation of Jack Smith. Smith's membership in various organizations; Comment from Smith on Hanaka; Financial information on the company.
- The lessons of leadership. Lisanti, Tony // Discount Store News;9/20/99, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p13
Editorial. Lists the lessons from the presentations delivered during the `Discount Store News' 1999 Third Annual President's Symposium in Washington, D.C. regarding critical issues in the retail trade. Topic discussed by Bill Podany, president and chief executive officer of ShopKo Stores;...
- Staples targets small, rural markets. Andreoli, Teresa // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the plans of Staples Inc. to add 120 office product stores. Profitability discovered in smaller or rural market stores; Improved pricing strategy; Growth of Staples' office consumable supplies business.
- Staples secures top office supply ranking. L.L. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/96, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p23
Reports that the firm Staples Inc. ranked first in a listing of top office supply companies in the Long Island, New York area by number of employees. Supplies offered.
- Staples co-founder comes home for store's local grand opening. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/13/95, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p11
Presents information on the Staples Incorporated, a growing player in office supply market. Opening of Westchester store; Comments from Todd Krasnow; Staples' distribution businesses; Background information on Krasnow; His accomplishments.
- Fastened to growth. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/13/97, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports that in an effort to expand into the Cleveland Ohio market Staples Incorporated of Massachusetts plans to open superstores in Mayfield Heights and Eastlake. Comments from Noal Solomon, who was promoted to Staple's vice president on September 1997; Number of stores added in the Midwest...
- 397-unit chain of office product superstores coming to Utah. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/11/95, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
Reports on Framingham, Massachusetts-based Staples Inc.'s plan to open a store in Utah. Company's leasing of property at the Hermes-Associates-owned Family Center; Search for other sites for the construction of additional stores; Job creation from the store's opening; Discount offers for products.
- Born to be big. Solomon, S.D. // Inc.;Jun89, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p94
Describes Staples Inc., the Boston-based office-supply warehouse chain founded by former supermarket executive Tom Stemberg. One of Staples' biggest challenges has been re-educating its potential customers. INSET: Story proposal..