The importance of generational literacy
- VALUE CONSENSUS AND DIVERSITY BETWEEN GENERATIONS AND GENDERS. Eun-Yeong Na; Duckitt, John // Social Indicators Research;Apr2003, Vol. 62/63 Issue 1-3, p411
Investigates the consensus and diversity in basic values between generations and genders in South Korea. Use of principal components analysis; Basic value dimensions evaluated; Reasons and social implications of the generation and gender diversity in basic values.
- Membership: Younger Members are... Closer Than You Think. Morrill, Robert M. // Officer Review Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p21
The article focuses on the membership of youth in the Military Order of the World War (MOWW). It states that recruitment of youth for membership is a challenge since their cultures and lifestyles vary according to their generation. It states that the ability of recruiter of making the young...
- Antecedents and Outcomes of Retaliation Against Whistleblowers: Gender Differences and Power Relationships. Rehg, Michael T.; Miceli, Marcia P.; Near, Janet P.; Van Scotter, James R. // Organization Science;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p221
Whistle-blowing represents an influence attempt in which organization member(s) try to persuade other members to cease wrongdoing; sometimes they fail; sometimes they succeed; sometimes they suffer reprisal. We investigated whether women experienced more retaliation than men, testing...
- Transitioning to a More Youthful NEHA! Fabian, Nelson // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p82
The author reflects on ways to help the National Environmental Health Association appeal to a multigenerational membership. The author argues that the organization has a reputation for being professional but it needs attract younger members. He suggests that the organizations needs to be...
- Divided we stand. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Sep2007, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p42
The article focuses on the generation and gender gap among Catholics in the U.S. based a the study by sociologists William D'Antonio, Dean Hoge and Mary Gautier. Younger Catholics go to mass and receive sacraments less frequently. Older Catholics believe in going to mass weekly and agree with...
- Generational attitudes and attributes to affect physician workforce. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/6/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p1172
The article reports that Ottawa psychiatrist said that generational and gender differences within the national physician pool will exacerbate the shortage of doctors in Canada. According to University of Ottawa Associate Professor of psychiatry Derek Puddester, Health Canada has estimated a...
- Slovenia Votes On Accession. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p13
Reports on the decision of the government of Slovenia to vote for its membership in the European Union (EU) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Support of major political parties in the country on the EU membership; Attitude of the people towards the membership of the country in...
- Legal. Mandel, Jed R. // Association Management;Dec95, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p20
Presents a legal advice on issues concerning membership in an association. Charging of different dues for different classes of membership; Providing different rights and privileges.
- Recruiting and retention tips for associations. Gilbert, Evelyn // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/18/94, Vol. 98 Issue 29, p17
Provides tips for associations on the recruitment and retention of members. Need for survey of members to determine what products and services are valued; Involvement of members in the group as the key to retention.