Carter on anthropic principle predictions
- The Best of All Possible Worlds. Goldsmith, Donald // Natural History;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p44
Presents a discussion on the anthropic approach to cosmology or the idea that simple fact of existence offers insights about the entire universe. Forms of the anthropic principle; Aspects of cosmic coincidences frequently cited as favorable to life; Remarkable feature of the anthropic approach.
- The End of the Anthropic Principle. Kiesling, Stephen // Spirituality & Health;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on issues related to the Anthropic Principle, a foolish argument for the existence of God. Based on the Anthropic Principle, the idea that the physical laws of the universe had to be so precise to create the possibility of life, that God must have created the universe...
- A DEFINITION FOR FINE TUNING IN ANALOGY TO THE CHAOS. Hetesi, Zsolt; V�ghz, L�szl� // Acta Physica Polonica B;2007, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p247
Anthropic principles were grown from the problem of fine tuning. Although anthropic principles have been discussed in cosmology for years there is no exact definition for fine tuning. Starting from the supposed similarity in the topologies of chaotic and fine tuned regions of the proper phase...
- anthropic principle Astronomy. // Dictionary of Theories;2002, p26
Definition of the term anthropic principle is presented. It refers to the astronomical idea that the universe possesses many of its extraordinary properties because they are necessary for the existence of life and observers.
- Why Occam's Razor. Standish, Russell K. // Foundations of Physics Letters;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p255
Ensemble theories have received a lot of interest recently as a means of explaining a lot of the detailed complexity observed in reality by a vastly simpler description �every possibility exists� and a selection principle (Anthropic Principle) �we only observe that which is consistent with...
- Minimal grand unification model in an anthropic landscape. Calmet, X. // European Physical Journal C -- Particles & Fields;May2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p245
It has been recently pointed out by Arkani-Hamed and Dimopoulos that if the universe is a landscape of vacua, and if therefore fine-tuning is not a valid guidance principle for searching for physics beyond the standard model, supersymmetric unification only requires the fermionic superpartners....
- Anthropic Fluctuations vs. Weak Anthropic Principle. Cirkovic, Milan M. // Foundations of Science;Dec2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p453
A modern assessment of the classical Boltzmann-Schuetz argument for large-scale entropy fluctuations as the origin of our observable cosmological domain is given. The emphasis is put on the central implication of this picture which flatly contradicts the weak anthropic principle as an...
- Anthropic Questions. Kane, Gordon // Phi Kappa Phi Forum;Fall2002, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p21
Discusses questions about particle properties and other quantities as anthropic questions. Anthropic principles that are hypotheses for explaining anthropic questions; One aspect of universe that is needed to be understood.
- On the likelihood of habitable worlds. Smith, John Maynard; Szathmary, Eors // Nature;11/14/1996, Vol. 384 Issue 6605, p107
Opinion. Discusses the cosmological anthropic principle. The reason evolutionary biologists consider it problematic; The 1913 theory of biochemist L.J. Henderson; The reason why the question has resurfaced; The weak principle; The strong principle; The view of natural science that disallows a...