Tax court allows deduction for transportation expenses between residence and work
- Current deduction for stores' pre-opening costs. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p34
Discusses the tax law which concerns the tax deduction of stores' pre-opening expenses. Similarity of the pre-opening expenses incurred to operating expenses of established stores; Inclusions of operating expenses; Specifications of the Technical Advice Memorandum 9645002; Explanation of the...
- The difference between business and pleasure. Marullo, Gloria Gibbs // Nation's Business;Sep96, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p64
Presents suggestions on making income tax deductions from business expenses in the United States. Distinction between business and personal expenses; Travel expenses qualified for tax deductions.
- Many moving-related expenses deductible from federal taxes. // Inside Tucson Business;1/22/96, Vol. 5 Issue 43, 1996 tax guide p5B
States that expenses can be deducted from gross income on the federal income tax form. Reimbursement of expenses; What kind of form can be use.
- Deductibility of expenses of partners. // CPA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p14
Discusses IRS private letter rulings 9330001 and 9330004 on the expenses of a general partner in an accounting firm. Deductibility of trade or business expenses under Sec. 62(a)(1); Expenses deductible on Schedule E against income from partnership.
- New Jersey tax court invalidates partnership regulations. Rothstein, Jack // CPA Journal;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p62
Reports on the decision of the New Jersey Tax Court in the case of `Sabino v. Director, Division of Taxation' concerning the appropriate standard for determining the deductibility of partnership expenses. Facts of the case; Court decision on charitable contributions and unreimbursed expenses.
- Deductibility of training costs. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p12
Reprints the letter of James R. Murray, president of the Tax Executives Institute (TEI), to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Margaret Richardson, concerning the December 23, 1996, issuance of the Rev.Rul. 96-62. Deductibility of amounts paid or incurred for training; Classification...
- Spouse travel and related rules. Webster, George D. // Association Management;Feb94, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p137
Presents additional insight into the implications of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA). Deductibility of travel expenses of a meeting attendee's spouse; Deductibility of business meal expenses; Possible responses to OBRA.
- The Interplay of Language Between Taxation and Accounting for Repairs in Australia: Should a... Kaidonis, Mary A.; Stoianoff, Natalie P. // International Tax Journal;Winter2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the link between taxation and accounting in Australia. Conflict over the classification of expenditure into revenue account versus capital account; Determination of whether an expenditure is a repair and is deductible; Provisions under the Income Tax Assessment Act of 1997.
- Lorry drivers' meal costs relief. // Accountancy;Jan1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1049, p13
Focuses on a British Statement of Practice (SP) which stated that Lorry drivers who engaged full time in travelling may claim a deduction for extra expenses on meals while away from their homes and depots. Aspects of SP 16/80 'Lorry Drivers: Relief for Expenditure on Meals'; Amount of relief...