Are you `growing' into an executive?
- THE PERSONAL AND ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES IN A MONOINDUSTRIAL AREA. GHIZDEANU, Ion; BABUCEA, Gabriela; NICULESCU, George; POPESCU, Mirela Alexandra // Annals of the Constantin Brancusi University of Targu Jiu-Letter;2012, Issue 4, p1
the article proposes, on the one hand, to do research and study - with a genuine approach, inspired and deep-rooted in the method of the school in Bucharest and creatively renewed and integrating the newest acquisitions of complexity science - the representative intricate entity "man as an...
- THE JUST NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN COMPLEXITY OF JOBS. Globerson, Shlomo // Management Science;Feb1977, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p606
This paper investigates the magnitude of Nonrepetitive Time (NRT) change that will be subjectively perceived as significant. NRT is a previously developed index of job complexity and NRT change can be identified with the "Just Noticeable Difference" of job complexity. Together, they enable the...
- Leadership development through experience. McCall Jr., Morgan W. // Academy of Management Executive;Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p127
The article presents a commentary on leadership development through experience. The author contends that the primary source of learning to lead is through experience. He explains that the role played by training and other formal programs is relatively modest in comparison to experiential...
- Employee development. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on different career developments of employees in United Kingdom. Electrical training of Britvic technicians; Agreement of trade unions in Land-Rover; Proposal on overhauling of professional status awards; Selection of teams for youth skills olympics; Cargill's launching of...
- Employee development. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p11
Presents news which focuses on employee development in the United Kingdom. Launching of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) for the people working at ports; Survey on the training levels in engineering companies; Investment of the Rank Xerox UK for its open-learning facilities.
- Why CPD is a duty to yourself and others. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p59
Presents the answers to common questions about continuing professional development (CPD) presented in an conference of Institute of Personnel and Development. Factors which constitutes evidence of CPD; How to meet CPD obligations; How to keep up CPD if unemployed.
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;5/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p14
The article announces career developments in the U.S., including Lindsey Toohey, Kirsten T. Johnson-Obey, and John J. Sullivan.
- The keys to advancement. Van Heule, Jim // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Offers advice regarding career advancement. Career goals; Importance of education; Career moves before the age of 40; Additional keys.
- Career development discussions as a team-building strategy. Koonce, Richard // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p13
Suggests the use of career development discussion with employees as a team-building strategy. Factors that improve during the process of discussing career development; Causes of company downsizing and restructuring.