Stitching a picture of health reform
- Employer mandate remains as panel debates Stark plan. Wagner, Lynn; Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the House Ways and Means health subcommittee's retention of the employer mandate as the chief financing vehicle for universal coverage in the health care plan. Debate on giving of subsidies to help small businesses defray the cost of a mandate; Representative Fortney Stark's...
- HHS warns: Pay group practices fair prices. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p12
Reports on HHS's office of inspector general chief counsel D. McCarty Thornton's warning to hospitals that are buying physician group practices to build their integrated delivery systems. Anti-kickback provisions of the Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse laws; Representative Peter Hoagland's...
- Keeping It Private. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Feb2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the rules issued by outgoing United States President Bill Clinton in December 2001, which restrict health care providers and insurers from sharing confidential information about their patients or members.
- SECOND OPINION. Inlander, Charles B. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Feb2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Criticizes the health care plans of the administration of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush and urges U.S. citizens to articulate their concerns and views on health care issues.
- First bipartisan health care reform bill introduced this month. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p16
Reports on the introduction of the Managed Competition Act of 1993 by a bipartisan group of House of Representatives members. Expansion of coverage; Establishment of insurance-purchasing cooperatives; Cost per year; Scrapping of Medicaid; Savings from reduction of provider fee increases.
- House subcommittee approves second Medicare regulatory reform measure. Brown, Steve // AHA News;10/22/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the approval of the Medicare Regulatory, Appeals, Contracting and Education Reform Act by the United States House Energy and Commerce health subcommittee in 2001. Sponsors of the legislation; Provisions of the legislation; Statement issued by committee chairman Billy Tauzin on the...
- Legislative Issues in Healthcare: Preparing for the Long Road Ahead. Wolf, Emily J. // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p18
Presents perspectives on legislative issues related to healthcare in the United States. Effects of healthcare legislation on healthcare delivery; Protection of the privacy of patient medical records; Impact of the Balanced Budget on medicare payments to healthcare providers.
- Clinton's ill deeds. Cockburn, Alexander // New Statesman & Society;10/21/94, Vol. 7 Issue 325, p16
Reports on the failure of American President Bill Clinton to reform health care. Implications of the US Congress' decision on the health bill; Present state of American health care system.
- Single-payer initiative looks certain to be on Cal. ballot. Haggerty, Alfred G. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/2/94, Vol. 98 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the state of health care delivery in California. Single-payer initiative called California Health Security Act; Impact of initiative on health care reform; Provisions under act; Opposition to single payer plan; Estimates of additional state revenues from initiative.