- Linda Chavez. Chavez // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p20
Expresses some concerns about gun control legislation in the United States. Author's own experience with an intruder; Author's admission of her ownership of a gun to protect herself and her family; Plan to keep a gun until someone can figure out a way to make all guns disappear from the earth;...
- Preventing illegal transactions. // Congressional Digest;Nov99, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p260
Focuses on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), a strategy for firearms background checks in the United States. Prevention of illegal possession of firearms through the Brady Act; Background check procedure; Percentage rate of firearm delays, retrievals, denials and...
- Guns in American households. // Congressional Digest;Nov99, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p263
Presents the results of a nationwide survey on gun-owning households in the United States. Prevalence, concentration and demographic patterns of gun ownership; Implications of the Gun Control Act of 1968 on guns in households; Reasons for gun ownership among households; Impact of urbanization...
- Bill summary. // Congressional Digest;Nov99, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p268
Summarizes the gun control provision of S.254 in the United States. Amendments made on the Brady Act; Gun show background check requirements; Emphasis on safety locks on handguns and restriction on the access of children under 18 to semiautomatic assault weapons; Government control on assault...
- In Canada, owners of guns fire back at proposed law. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 123, p1
Reports the reaction of gun owners in Canada to the proposed gun-control legislation and the resulting softening of some of the penalties laid out. Proposed changes by Justice Minister Alan Rock; Support from other ministers.
- Lautenberg gun ban is latest insult to military. Reagan, Michael // Human Events;12/12/97, Vol. 53 Issue 47, p10
Opinion. Presents the author's view against a bill which imposes a lifetime gun ban on the owner who was convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence including police officers and members of the military. Grounds for rendering the bill unconstitutional; Effect of the bill on American...
- RAVEN: BAN SEMI-AUTOMATICS. Hengstler, Gary A. // ABA Journal;Apr89, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p127
Reports on the proposal for a federally mandated waiting period for the purchase of certain guns in the U.S. Provisions of the Anti-drug Abuse Act of 1988 relating to the purchasers of guns; Legislation that ban civilian access to military-assault weapons; Implications on weapon laws and...
- Guns under fire. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Provides information on gun safety legislative bills passed in several states across the United States. Ban on gun selling in Illinois; Gun safety education for children in Maryland.
- Fear of more gun control sparks sales. Dokes, Eugene // St. Charles Journal;11/21/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 47, pA10
The author discusses the rising trend of gun ownership in the U.S. due to the public's fear of additional gun restriction laws in the future.