Where the top 200 worked
Tags: INDUSTRIAL design
- Work rated. Davies, Jim // Design Week;4/3/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p14
No abstract available.
- DESIGNS ON INDUSTRY. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Jul1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1127, p66
Focuses on the prototype designs of industrial designers in Great Britain. Kieron Crawley's portable compact disc player; Damina Evans' Roll-Up Typewriter; Russel Mulchansingh's designs including the step-in-system ski-boot, water filter/cooler unit and fruit squeezer.
- Ain't Broke. Caplan, Ralph // Print;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the professional lives of industrial designers. Importance of selectivity in design; Details on mass distraction in media; Examples of mass destruction.
- A balancing act that keeps the design industry healthy. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p4
Comments on the events affecting the design industry and industrial designers in Great Britain. Charles Trevail's defense of the global network; Development of a health creative community; Contributions of Peter Saville to the design industry; Customer satisfaction of clients.
- DIARY. Booth, Hannah // Design Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p12
Reports on events related to the industrial design industry in Great Britain as of April 2003. Recognition of Tuffin Ferraby & Taylor as the Best Pub of the Week previous to April 10, 2003; Design of the hotel suites of K West hotel; Industrial design exhibition presented by David Design in...
- Lofty ideas. Cowan, Liz // Northern Ontario Business;Jan2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the need for Northern Ontario to develop a design culture, in which designers add beauty and useability to products that person want, as well as learn to build the concept of design into their disciplines.
- Detroit Design Center. Kaffer, Nancy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the efforts of design professionals and educators to make Detroit, Michigan as an important center of designing.
- Magnetic hybrid spindle combines axial, rotary motion. O'Connor, Roy // Design News;3/2/98, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on the requirements of many industrial applications while featuring the SKF magnetic hybrid spindle. Features of the SKF magnetic hybrid; Description of the spindle; Detailed information on the construction of the spindle; Comments from Jurgen Bethke, SKF product manager for spindle drives.
- And nothing but the truth. Lowe, Colum // Design Week;4/3/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p10
No abstract available.
- Speed drives creatives, cites Vauxhall research. // Design Week;5/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p12
Reports on a research which claims that most innovative ideas in British industrial design are generated in cars.