Coming of age
Tags: SPORTS for women
- What's hot in women's sports. // Discount Store News;3/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p59
Presents the results of a 1994 study conducted by the American Sports Data on women's sports. Marketing concerns; Sports categories; Sport brand awareness; Feedback from industry executives.
- As the sun goes down, the women come out. Townsend, Karen Denise // Lesbian News;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on the popularity of vigorous nocturnal athletic activities among women. Information on the groups `Mojave by Moonlight' and `Night Skates'; Why the darkness can be an invaluable source of strength; Indication of some of the activities entertained by these nocturnal enthusiasts; Contact...
- Women's sports around the nation. Townsend, Karen Denise // Lesbian News;Jun98, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p23
Presents information on women's sports in the United States. Information on the International Women's Flag Football Association; Future of the Ladies League Baseball League; Details on the Los Angeles Field Hockey Association.
- New tricks. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Jun95, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p113
Provides information on different sports for women. Benefits of learning a new sport; Rock climbing; In-line skating; Tennis; Golf; Mountain biking; Softball.
- News from the Women's Sports Foundation. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May/Jun96, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p33
No abstract available.
- Riding the wave. Hilliard, Wendy // Women's Sports & Fitness;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on the changes in women's sports in the United States for 1996. Increasing participation of women and girls in sports; Increase in the prize offered by Evian for the 1996 professional beach volleyball tournament; Activities of the National Girls and Women in Sports Day's 10th...
- No question about it. Mosley, Benita Fitzgera // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Provides answers on the questions regarding the importance and appropriateness of sports in girl's lives. What can parents do to encourage their daughters to play sports; Why is it important for girls to play sports; More.
- The 20 most influential women in sports. Weiss, Jean // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p49
Presents the women that are shaping the future of sports. Valerie Ackerman's position to create opportunities for women's basketball players; Amy Cohen's call for equitable athletic resources at Brown University; Kathy Davenport's promotion of female athletes through advertising and fundraising;...
- Pacing ourselves. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Oct97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p88
Cites the reasons why women sport will continue to grow through the years. Market-driven sponsorship on the sports; Endorsement appeal of the sports; Importance and impact of big corporations in the sports.
- First do no harm. Mosley, Benita Fitzgera // Women's Sports & Fitness;Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p78
Discusses the status of women's sports showing the equal access and treatment for women in line with athletics. Report on the growing popularity of women's sports; Creation of Women's Sports Foundation; Passage of Title IX that guarantees equal opportunities for women in sports; List of...