Pastor with AIDS dies; church shows its love
- AIDS and a God who is mercy. Healy, James K. // National Catholic Reporter;12/13/96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p2
Presents the author's address during the 1996 World AIDS Day showing the perspective of a Catholic priest living with AIDS. Explanation on how a priest might contract HIV; Reflection on the priest's commitment to his ministry.
- AIDS rate higher among Catholic priests. // Christian Century;03/01/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p232
Presents the results of a survey which revealed that many Roman Catholic priests are suffering from AIDS or have died from it. Reaction of Catholics in the United States; Priests' description of the church's response in ministering to priests with HIV or AIDS; Opinion regarding the effectiveness...
- Perils on the AIDS beat: outing and the spinosity of statistics. Walsh, Sister Mary Ann // Editor & Publisher;02/14/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p54
Comments on the `Kansas City (Missouri) Star's 10-part article series on AIDS and the priesthood in the United States. Claim that the death rate from AIDS for priests is four times that of the general population; Questionable conclusions of the newspaper from anonymous surveys; Efforts of the...
- Perilous choice to ignore AIDS issue. Sipe, A.W. Richard // National Catholic Reporter;03/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the series of articles published in the January 30, 31 and February 1, 2000 issue of `Kansas City Star,' about priests with AIDS. Reactions from the media; Why the Star series raised a level of attention and wrath not endangered by any of the earlier articles either individually or...
- 'Star' revisits AIDS in priesthood. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;11/20/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the 'Kansas City Star's fresh look on the issue of AIDS ten months after touching off a controversy over its series asserting that Catholic priests were dying of AIDS at a rate four times that of the general population. United States Catholic Church's criticism of the reports;...
- NON-DEADLINE REPORTING--NEWSPAPER/WIRE SERVICE. // Quill;Jun2001, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the news article `AIDS in the Priesthood,' by Judy L. Thomas, published in `The Kansas City Star,' which won the Sigma Delta Awards 2000 under the Non-Deadline Reporting-Newspaper/Wire Service category. Reason for its selection; Details of the news coverage; Criticism on the article.
- He Who Explaineth Too Much Is Lost. Yahn, Steve // Editor & Publisher;03/06/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on three-part series AIDS in the Priesthood, a nationwide story by Missouri's `The Kansas City Star' that challenged the Roman Catholic Church's handling of incidence of AIDS-related disease and death among the church's clerics in the United States. Research conducted by...
- Breaking silence: Priests with AIDS are eager to talk. Schaeffer, Pamela // National Catholic Reporter;04/18/97, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p3
Focuses on the cases of AIDS in Catholic priesthood. Occasion for celebrating forgiveness; Isolation experienced by the priests; Increase of numbers of priests with AIDS.
- OBITUARY. // America;4/24/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p55
The article presents an obituary for missionary Father Beauchene.