Nuisance law is not always the answer to neighbor problems
- Boomer revisited: Using experimental and partial injunctions in private nuisance actions. Holczer, Ezra M. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1997, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p99
Expounds on the different legal interpretations of the concept of nuisance. Legal commentary set off by the Boomer versus Atlantic Cement Co. handled by the New York Court of Appeals; Inability to distinguish between private and public nuisance; Non-provision of equities to polluters and victims.
- Some stretches of downtown are becoming public nuisances. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/07/97, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p22
Comments on several stretches of vacant properties described as public nuisances in Salt Lake City, Utah. Cleanliness problems; Need for specific fines to be imposed on vacant properties; Addressing issues related to private property rights.
- Face Off. // India Today;6/28/2010, p17
The article reports on the ruling by the Bombay High Court in India that based on the Indian Penal Code, political leaders waving from unlawful hoardings, banners and posters could be criminally liable for abetting nuisance.
- Neighbors must tolerate certain degree of annoyance and inconvenience. Lampl III, George W. // South Carolina Business Journal;Dec94, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the law of nuisance in South Carolina. Definition of nuisance; Protection of businesses from the law of nuisance; Court cases concerning the law of nuisance.
- Beyond fear: Articulating a modern doctrine in anticipatory nuisance for enjoining improbable... Doane, Charles J. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Winter90, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p441
Discusses the suitability of the anticipatory nuisance doctrine in meeting the challenges posed to tort law by modern technology. Historical relationship between tort and technology; Nature of technological risk in the 20th century; Use of anticipatory nuisance as a traditional approach to...
- The Joy of... 52 YOU CAN CROSS SOME ANNOYING THINGS OFF YOUR LIST. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jun 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p126
The article states that by the time a person reaches the age of 52, he learns to ignore annoying things.
- Artist SinGh Takes His Paintings on the Road. // India -- West;9/26/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 45, pB18
No abstract available.
- John Murphy, THE LAW OF NUISANCE Oxford: Oxford University Press (), 2010. xxvii + 208 pp. ISBN 9780199214532. Â£75. Reid, Elspeth // Edinburgh Law Review;May2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p286
The article reviews the book "The Law of Nuisance," by John Murphy.
- No Ifs, Ands or Butts About It... Kozlowski, James C. // Parks & Recreation;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Glen Mark and Teril Powers against Sauvie Island Wildlife regarding the nuisance caused by public nudity in a state wildlife area. Question for determining what constitutes a nuisance; Difference between a public and a private nuisance; What plaintiffs had to...