Playing office politics: Pros and cons
Tags: OFFICE politics
- Swimming with sharks--when your colleagues are out for blood! Francis, Sarah // Cosmopolitan;Mar1994, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p74
No abstract available.
- The proper approach to office politics. // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p75
Focuses on office politics. Positive and diplomacy aspects; Gossip and rumor-mongering; Mutual protection alliances; Personal public relations; Insight into the work style and habits of people; Social situations with co-workers; Uncontrolled emotions and behavior.
- Pssst...office intrigue is out. McElroy, Camille // Westchester County Business Journal;1/9/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the change in office politics in the United States. Decision-making based on competence and ability to deal with human dynamics, rather than popularity; Amount of time spent by executives on company politics; Shift from backstabbing as a way to get ahead.
- Office politics. // AutoWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p52
Presents a quote from a senior platform chief at a very large United States automobile manufacturer concerning office politics.
- The shadow side. Egan, Gerard // Management Today;Sep93, p32
Explores the economics of the shadowy side of companies called internal company politics. Characteristics; Constitution of the `soft-side' reality; Cost of incompetent and oppressive managers; Cost of self-serving deals; Cost of performance management and appraisal system; Need for street smart...
- There is a positive way to deal in office politics. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p32
Discusses how to deal with office politics. Advantages of the positive and diplomacy aspects of office politics; Avoidance of rumor mill; Mutual protection alliances; Social savvy.
- Organizations more open now, but taboos still exist. Lee, Billi // San Diego Business Journal;8/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p28
No abstract available.
- Voting politics out of the office. McElroy, Camille // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/9/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
Discusses the change and decline of office politics in the United States. Prevalence of office politics in the 1980s; Decline due to restructurings and downsizings; Shift of emphasis on competence and ability to deal with human dynamics; Legal impediments to office politics; Importance of being...
- The case for politics. Peters, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/9/94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p10C
Discusses office politics as an essential tool to success. What politics means; Leadership qualities; Uselessness of worrying about office politics; Recommendations on how to engage in office politics.