Manifold dives deep to perform triple duty
- Products & services. // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p104
Presents a series of news briefs on products and services associated with offshore drilling.
- Race to develop 10,1000-ft water depth equipment continues. Furlow, William // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p24
States that an increasing number of tools are emerging from the design boards and machining halls to deal with the seafloor forces in ultra-deepwater oil well drilling.
- Riserless drilling JIP moving to second phase-development. Blanc, Leonard Le // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p31
Focuses on the development of a riserless drilling Joint Industry Project initiated by Conoco and Hydrill to address marine riser drilling systems problems during offshore oil well drilling operations. Advantages of riserless drilling over conventional marine riser drilling systems; Benefits of...
- Fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Williamson, Steve; Reeves, Bill // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the use of computerized jar placement in fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Background on the basic reasons for and tools in fishing; Uses of hydraulic jars in fishing; Insights on the difference in performance between jars; Guidelines for jar placement;...
- Back-to-back flowline bundles targeted for remote subsea fields. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on Rockwater's manufacture of towed flowline bundles aimed at remote subsea oil fields. Rockwater's supply of packages to Shell's Gannet E/F project; Rockwater's installation of bundles at Asgard's mid-Norway-based operations; Potential need for Rockwater to improve insulation...
- Tougher blast walling developed. // R&D Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p9
Reports that engineers at the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research developed a type of blast walling capable of better withstand fire and explosion, to control accidents on offshore oil and gas platforms. Details on the type of blast walling created by the organization.
- Shallow flow diverter JIP spurred by deepwater washouts. // Offshore;Mar98, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p90
Reports on the joint industry project (JIP) to develop a subsea diverter to control shallow water flows which is hampering deepwater explorations in the Gulf of Mexico. Appointment of Allen Gault, Conoco's staff engineer, as project administrator; Design of the diverter; Founding members of the...
- Composite insulated pipe-in-pipe designs. Furlow, William // Offshore;Jun98, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p22
Features an insulated pipe-in-pipe system from British Steel which does not restrict the lay-envelopes of S-lay barges used in offshore drilling projects.
- Cementing simulator. Furlow, William // Offshore;Jun98, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p22
Presents a cementing simulator designed by Drilling Systems UK which recreates offshore wellbore conditions. Simulation of management systems used for drilling equipment.
- Drilling, production spar dictates difference in mooring setup. Miller, Tom // Offshore;Jun98, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p126
Compares the drilling and production spar installed by Chevron with that employed by Oryx Energy in their respective deepwater drilling projects. Satisfaction of mooring requirements; Similarity in the use of a studless chain; Differences in the components of the hydraulic linear chain jack...