High-paid hospital execs
- AHA president would tie CEO pay to local health status. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;06/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p1
Reiterates the importance for hospitals in the United States to keep in mind the health of the community when determining the compensation for its executives. Need to create guidelines as a basis in creating incentives for managers; Incentives received by hospital executives based on meeting...
- Inside the AHA. Davidson, Dick // AHA News;06/09/97, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p2
Comments on the need for hospitals in the United States to reshape the incentives used to measure executive performance. Need for hospitals to be knowledgeable influences on how a community solves its problems; Community health development as sufficient rewards for hospital directors.
- Well off. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Lists the top five salaries in 1997 at large city hospitals in New York. Executive name; Position; Hospital affiliation; Salary.
- All work and no pay... Strenger, Ellen Weisman // Trustee;Apr96, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p8
Discusses whether hospital board members should be paid or not. How HealthEast's board determined its level of compensation; Comments of Donald Wegmiller, president of MCG/Healthcare regarding compensation; Advantages and disadvantages of giving compensation. INSETS: How much do system boards...
- Riding high. Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;7/08/96, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p33
Reports on the climb in the compensation of hospital chief executive officers (CEO). Comparison with corporate CEOs; Comments of Jim Freundt of Hewitt Associates; Reasons for the move towards incentive pay; How CEO climb compares with salaries of managers.
- Hearing planned on hospital executive compensation. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p14
Reports on a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee's panel on oversight and investigations. Release of the General Accounting Office study on hospital executives' salaries.
- Davidson testifies on hospital executive compensation. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 24, p16
Reports on a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee's oversight and investigation panel. American Hospital Association (AHA) president Dick Davidson's testimony; Panel's release of a General Accounting Office study on executive compensation at hospitals during tax years 1989, 1990...
- Human resources. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;02/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p14
Cites a study conducted by the `Philadelphia Inquirer,' which found that hospital executives' salaries increased after the rash of cost-cutting in 1995 that left thousands of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area hospital workers jobless. Percentage of hospital executives who received raises of more...
- Eying the future, doc makes the bitter medicine go down. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p35
Profiles New York Hospital president and chief executive officer David B. Skinner. Plans for improving and expanding hospital facilities to cope with future demands; Peer perception; Practice of profession as a surgeon.