A picture-book picnic
- Creating memories. Pond, Marlene // Book Links;Mar1995, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p17
Lists picture books for intermediate grade students about family heritage. Includes `The Stories Julian Tells,' Ann Cameron and illustrated by Ann Strugnell; `I Remember Grandpa,' by Truman Capote and illustrated by Barry Moser; `Bigmama's,' by Donald Crews; `Home Place,' by Crescent...
- Animal friends in picture books. // Ladybug;Aug94, Vol. 4 Issue 12, following p34
Lists children's picture books dealing with animals. Includes `Farm Noises,' by Jane Miller; `Nature's Footprints in the Barnyard,' by Q.L. Pearce and W.J. Pearce, with pictures by Delana Bettoli; `Anybody Home?' by Aileen Fisher, illustrated by Susan Bonners.
- Going-to-school picture books. // Ladybug;Sep94, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p39
Previews several picture books for children. Includes `School Bus,' by Donald Crews; `Bright Eyes, Brown Skin,' by Cheryl Willis Hudson and Bernette G. Ford; `School,' by Emily Arnold McCully; `Will I Have a Friend?' by Miriam Cohen.
- Wet and wonderful: Picture books. // Ladybug;Jun96, Vol. 6 Issue 10, following p34
Lists several picture books for children in the United States. Includes `Beach Day,' by Helen Oxenbury; `Yellow Ball,' by Molly Bang; `Sun Sand Sea Sail,' by Nicki Weiss.
- Bookshelf. // Ladybug;Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, Ladybug for Parents p5
Recommends several picture books for children from ages two to eight years old.
- Books worth talking about. Hurst, Carol Otis // Teaching Pre K-8;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p90
Features a selection of picture books for children which encourages response and discussion. Includes `Little Blue and Little Yellow,' by Leo Lionni; `Pink and Say,' by Patricia Polacco; `Mama, Do You Love Me?,' by Barbara Joose; `The Table Where Rich People Sit,' by Byrd Baylor.
- Animal friends. // Working Mother;Jun95, p58
Cites the illustrated books `Rabbit,' `Racoon,' `Duckling' and `Fish,' for toddlers.
- Illustration as art: Character. Elleman, Barbara // Book Links;Sep95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p34
Discusses picture books for children to show illustrators' supply of visual clues to the character. Includes `Martha Speaks,' by Susan Meddaugh; `The Goose Girl,' by Eric Kimmel, illustrated by Robert Sauber; `One Night: A Story from the Desert,' by Cristina Kessler, illustrated by Ian Schoenherr.
- Book design, part II. Harms, Jeanne McLain; Lettow, Lucille // Book Links;Mar1997, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p31
Part II. Examines the design elements of picture books for children. Frontispiece for `The Lotus Seed'; Title page of `Time Flies'; Dedications for `Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10'; Pictures in the blank leaves of `Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt' and `Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge.'