A picture-book picnic
- Creating memories. Pond, Marlene // Book Links;Mar1995, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p17
Lists picture books for intermediate grade students about family heritage. Includes `The Stories Julian Tells,' Ann Cameron and illustrated by Ann Strugnell; `I Remember Grandpa,' by Truman Capote and illustrated by Barry Moser; `Bigmama's,' by Donald Crews; `Home Place,' by Crescent...
- Going-to-school picture books. // Ladybug;Sep94, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p39
Previews several picture books for children. Includes `School Bus,' by Donald Crews; `Bright Eyes, Brown Skin,' by Cheryl Willis Hudson and Bernette G. Ford; `School,' by Emily Arnold McCully; `Will I Have a Friend?' by Miriam Cohen.
- Wet and wonderful: Picture books. // Ladybug;Jun96, Vol. 6 Issue 10, following p34
Lists several picture books for children in the United States. Includes `Beach Day,' by Helen Oxenbury; `Yellow Ball,' by Molly Bang; `Sun Sand Sea Sail,' by Nicki Weiss.
- Bookshelf. // Ladybug;Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, Ladybug for Parents p5
Recommends several picture books for children from ages two to eight years old.
- Books worth talking about. Hurst, Carol Otis // Teaching Pre K-8;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p90
Features a selection of picture books for children which encourages response and discussion. Includes `Little Blue and Little Yellow,' by Leo Lionni; `Pink and Say,' by Patricia Polacco; `Mama, Do You Love Me?,' by Barbara Joose; `The Table Where Rich People Sit,' by Byrd Baylor.
- Animal friends. // Working Mother;Jun95, p58
Cites the illustrated books `Rabbit,' `Racoon,' `Duckling' and `Fish,' for toddlers.
- Book design, part II. Harms, Jeanne McLain; Lettow, Lucille // Book Links;Mar1997, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p31
Part II. Examines the design elements of picture books for children. Frontispiece for `The Lotus Seed'; Title page of `Time Flies'; Dedications for `Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10'; Pictures in the blank leaves of `Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt' and `Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge.'
- Picture books. Marantz, Sylvia; Marantz, Kenneth // Library Talk;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p35
Comments on a variety of picture books for children, published as of November 1997. `Tina's Diner,' by JoAnn Adinolfi; `Love Letters,' by Arnold Adoff; `Rebus Riot,' by Bonnie Christensen; `The Magic Cornfield,' by Nancy Willard.
- Myth, magic, and mystery. Elleman, Barbara // American Libraries;Dec96, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p58
Describes the exhibition `Myth, Magic, and Mystery: One Hundred Years of American Children's Book Illustration,' at the Chrysler Museum of Art. First exhibition to showcase the development of American picture-book illustration; Curators Michael Patrick Hearn, H. Nichols B. Clark and Trinkett...