The state of luxury ship growth
Tags: CRUISE ships
- Sailing From Seattle. Schwartzman, M.T. // Cruise Travel;Apr2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the cruise liners sailing from the port of Seattle, Washington to Alaska. Rise in cruise liner passengers sailing through the city; Advantages of cruising from the city; Provisions of required infrastructure for cruise liners docking in the city.
- North To Alaska. Scull, Theodore W. // Cruise Travel;Apr2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on the author's experience aboard the cruise ship Spirit of '98 on his trip to Alaska. Facilities for accommodation and food for passengers on the ship; Recreational activities for the passengers; Provision of shore trips for the passengers.
- Sanitation scores. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p240
Presents sanitation scores given to cruise ships in the United States by the US Public Service for July 1998. Contact information.
- In history's wake. // Russian Life;Mar97, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p28
Presents advantages and disadvantages in traveling on a cruise in Russia. Healthy emphasis on travel outside the capitals; Combination of the exotic nature of travel along Russia's ancient waterways with Western-style amenities; Demand of a large travel group; Difficulty in making home contact;...
- Cruise forum. Major, Brian // Travel Agent;6/6/94, Vol. 271 Issue 6, Cruise desk. p2
Discusses the viability of short cruises on the West Coast in California. List of major ships positioned for short cruises; Passage of a law prohibiting cruise ships making consecutive port calls within the state from operating their gambling casinos; Limitation of itinerary selection; Discount...
- Standards of luxury. // Travel Agent;6/6/94, Vol. 271 Issue 6, Cruise desk. p12
Discusses the basis for rating and classifying luxury cruise ships. Rate spaciousness; Space ratio; Onboard amenities; wide-ranging amenities offering both exotic and luxury destinations; List of luxury cruise ships in the United States.
- Luxury cruise sales strategies. // Travel Agent;6/6/94, Vol. 271 Issue 6, Cruise desk. p16
Presents various marketing luxury cruise sales strategies. List of profitable products; Contact with wealthy potential clients; Building of client profiles; Product knowledge of the travel counselor.
- Hot products. // Travel Agent;8/8/94, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on new services offered by cruise ships. Norwegian Cruise Lines; Release of brochure of Royal Cruise Lines; Caribbean sailings of Holland America Line; More.
- Marketwatch. // Travel Agent;8/8/94, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p29
Presents developments related to cruise ships in the United States as of August 8, 1994. New officials of Disney Cruise Vacations; Financial statistics of Carnival Corp.; Training program of Princess Cruises.