Hope in our hearts
- Bone-crushing simulators. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Apr95, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p24
Reports on body motion simulators developed by MTS Systems to test artificial implants.
- Artificial heart maker Carmat meets manufacturing milestone. BROSKY, JOHN // Medical Device Daily;1/28/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
This article reports on the milestone payment awarded by French state innovation agency OSEO to Carmat, the developer of a fully implantable artificial heart. It notes that the funding reflects Carmat's successful assembly and testing of two prosthesis models. The total amount of grants received...
- VCU Medical Center Performs 900th Implant Worldwide Of Syncardia Total Artificial Heart. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/11/2011, p185
The article reports on the heart transplantation program of Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center (VCU) using the temporary Total Artificial Heart from Syncardia Systems Inc. VCU's Dr. Vigneshwar Kasijaran explains that since 2006, the center has performed a total of 49 implants of the...
- First Total Artificial Heart implant in Turkey. // Medical Device Daily;10/20/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 204, p8
The article reports that Turkey's first implant of the SynCardia temporary Total Artificial Heart has been performed at Ege University Hospital.
- SynCardia heart patient released in Turkey. // Medical Device Daily;11/ 2/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 213, p8
The article reports on the discharge of a patient implanted with the SynCardia temporary Total Artificial Heart in Izmir, Turkey, according to SynCardia Systems.
- Artificial heart maker SynCardia has record year. // Inside Tucson Business;2/1/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that SynCardia Systems Inc., artificial heart manufacturer in Arizona has set records in 2012 for the 125 total artificial hearts implanted and revenues of $25 million in the U.S.
- The Total Artificial Heart as a Bridge to Cardiac Transplantation. Cooley, Denton A. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p200
Discusses initial work in the field of total artificial hearts. Implantation of the total artificial heart; Transplant operation; Concern about artificial hearts.
- Plastic pancreas: New hope for diabetics. Tortolano, F.W. // Design News;6/12/95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p86
Reports on the development of an implantable device that can be inserted into the body to control glucose levels. Replacement of pancreas; Components; Concerns in manufacturing the device; Artificial pancreas under development.
- Retinal prosthesis may do work of photoreceptor cells. Edelson, Ed; Guyer, David R. // Ophthalmology Times;11/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the development of a thin�film ceramic optical detector that could be implanted in the eye, which has the possibility to correct retinal blindness. Function of the artificial retinal implant; Biocompatibility in animal work.