Harboring their port
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOUNDARY CHANGES. // Estates Gazette;6/2/2007 Directory, p6
A list of local government boundary changes in Great Britain is presented. Avon is now included in Bath and north East Somerset under the section title Bath. Buckinghamshire is now included in Milton Keynes under the section title Milton Keynes. Hampshire is now included on Portsmouth under the...
- Jurisdiction over Ellis Island resolved? // American History;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p6
No abstract available.
- Collision in the China Sea. Vasey, Lloyd R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p19
Focuses on the territorial disputes in the South China Sea over the sovereignty of Spratly and Paracel Islands. Countries involved in the dispute; China's geographic influence in the region; Forums to resolve the issues; Need of US to work as a broker to resolve the crisis.
- A continental rift in Africa: War blur colonial borders. Matloff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/96, Vol. 89 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the changes being observed on the borders of the African map, stating that the nature of conflict changes on the continent are going from ideological to factional and ethnic confrontations. Comments from a senior African diplomat; Other information on the history of the country and...
- THE BALTIC STATES, GERMANY AND RUSSIA. Hoetzsch, Otto // Foreign Affairs;Oct31, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p120
The article discusses the equation among Baltic States, particularly between Germany and Russia. Germany, Russia, Denmark and Sweden concluded the Baltic Agreement, by which those four states, all of them with Baltic littorals, mutually guaranteed the existing status of this sea and its coasts....
- Storm watch over the Kurils. Cobb Jr., Charles E. // National Geographic;Oct96, Vol. 190 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the fight over the Kuril Islands by Russia who won the islands from Japan at the end of World World II. Description of the islands; Life on the islands; The opinions of those who live on the islands.
- BEWARE THE XIONGNU! Nagel-Angermann, Monique // Calliope;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
The article presents information on people known as the Xiongnu, who lived along China's northern border.
- Working hypotheses. Nichols, Rodney W. // Sciences;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p4
Presents information pertaining to frontiers. Details on the evolution of life; Problems associated with genetic bases of numerous diseases.
- Redrawing the world's borders. Fuller, Graham E. // World Policy Journal;Spring97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on several international issues and events affecting the status of international boundaries. Increasing forces of nationalism and cultural resurgence; Breakup of numerous states; Subdivision of states; Multiplication of sovereign entities; Rising ethnic consciousness on a global basis;...
- The Achilles' heel of Bosnian peace: Brcko. Wedgwood, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/96, Vol. 88 Issue 158, p19
Opinion. Reports on the dispute between Serbia and Bosnia over Brcko, the geographic point dividing the Bosnian Serbs. Details of the Dayton agreement that aims to settle the strategic dispute; Grim prospects for arbitration; Claims made by both over parties over Brcko.