Sedatives and Hypnotics in Stockholm: Social Factors and Kinds of Use
- Formulary evaluation of sedative/hypnotic agents. Thrower, Robin // Drug Utilization Review;Sep2001, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the formulary evaluation of sedative and hypnotic agents. Categories of sedative/hypnotic agents; Pharmocology of the agents; Indications and contraindications; Pharmacokinetics of the agents.
- INTRODUCTION. Henningfield, Jack E. // Sedatives & Hypnotics: Dangerous Downers;2008, p6
An introduction to the book "Sedatives and Hypnotics: Deadly Downers" is presented.
- Further Reading. // Sedatives & Hypnotics: Dangerous Downers;2008, p121
A list of books that explore sedatives and hypnotics is presented.
- Glossary. // Sedatives & Hypnotics: Dangerous Downers;2008, p118
A glossary of terms related to sedative-hypnotics is presented.
- Propofol: Risk vs. Benefit. Laham, James // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Examines the risks and benefits from propofol sedative hypnotic agent. Elements of propofol; Assessment of eligible candidates for intravenous sedation and analgesia; Overview of a study on the use of propofol in pediatric patients.
- SEDATIVE AND HYPNOTIC DRUGS. Byatt, Christopher; Volans, Glyn // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/3/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6453, p1214
Examines the effectiveness of sedative and hypnotic drugs. Effects of hypnotic or sedative overdose; Use of antihistamine phenothiazine for sedation in children; Complications of large hypnotic overdoses.
- Drug Spotlight on Psychotherapeutic Drugs. Aagaard, George N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul73, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p130
Presents some questions to consider in the evaluation of the use of psychotherapeutic drugs in hospitals. Overuse of barbiturates; Ranking of hypnotic drugs according to frequency with which they were ordered; Percentage of patients who received daytime orders for sedatives and tranquilizers.
- The Clinical Choice of Sedative-Hypnotics. Greenblatt, David J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul72, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p91
Focuses on three antidepressant drugs, sedatives, hypnotics and tranquilizer. Differences of hypnotics from tranquilizers; Considerations on which to base the choice of hypnotic drug; Differences in pharmacology of tranquilizers and sedative-hypnotics.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Non-Prescription Anxiolytic, Hypnotic, and Sleep-Inducing Sedatives Excluding Antihistamines in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/22/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts are presented that depict the 2009-2014 outlook for non-prescription anxiolytic, hypnotic, and sleep-inducing sedatives excluding antihistamines in various cities in India, including Nagpur, Jaipur, and Bhopal.