Three deadly legacies
- Beyond Beijing: putting words into action Blaney, Carol // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar1996, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p272
No abstract available.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Afghanistan Country Review;2010, p181
The article highlights the global environmental degradation of Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Central Asia.
- Environmental Issues. // Maldives Country Review;2009, p92
The article reports on several environmental issues faced by several citizens in Maldives.
- Environmental Issues. // Tunisia Country Review;2011, p170
The article offers environmental issues in Tunisia including the issues in overgrazing, over use of water, and water contamination.
- Environmental Issues. // United Arab Emirates Country Review;2009, p92
The article offers information on the environmental issues in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) including desertification, beach pollution from oil spills, and frequent dust storms.
- Global ecology. Zuk, Gary // National Forum;Winter90, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the results of a survey on the environmental conditions in ten Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) member nations. Pollution of rivers and lakes; Air pollution; Damage to sea life and beaches by spillage or discharge from oil tankers; Disposal of industrial...
- The image under fire. Earl, Vicki // NZ Business;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p38
Presents information on an environmental report released by the New Zealand Ministry for Environment, which has suggested that New Zealanders are polluting their environment. Reference to the necessity of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001, an environmental standard...
- Siberia at the crossroads. Pearce, Fred // Popular Science;Aug94, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the environmental problems of Siberia resulting from Josef Stalin's utilization of the country's natural resources for military and industrial purposes. Siberian oil and gas industry's effect on the environment; Russian forestry's wasteful practices; Hydroelectric dams' contribution...
- Environmental Issues. // Jamaica Country Review;2010, p114
The article provides an overview of the environmental challenges facing Jamaica including air pollution, soil erosion, and deforestation.
- Environmental Issues. // Kiribati Country Review;2009, p88
The article explores the environmental issues surrounding Kiribati which include scant natural resources in terms of both arable land and fresh water, anthropogenic climatic warming, and rise in sea level.