Donrey Media sold
- Review-Journal owner sells 28 papers. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p3
Focuses on the decision by Donrey Media Group, owner of the `Las Vegas Review-Journal' periodical to sell its 28 smaller newspapers in eight states to Community Newspaper Holdings Inc. Features of the sale; Comment by Alan Fleming, general manager of the `Las Vegas Review-Journal'; Other...
- Community property: Chain pays $250Mil for 33 papers. Perrucci, Dori // MediaWeek;07/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Birmingham, Alabama-based Community Newspaper Holdings' spending of an estimated $250 million to acquire small dailies and weeklies from the Gannett Co. and Donrey Media Group. Amount paid for five Gannett dailies in Illinois, Ohio and West Virginia; Significance of the deals to...
- Donrey expands, consolidates plants. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;03/21/98, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p26
Reports on Donrey Media Groups' expansion and upgrading of facilities at the `Las Vegas Review-Journal' production plant. Equipment at the mailroom; Addition of page/color capacity for small dailies.
- Unusual cluster deal builds Singleton's California empire. Garneau, George // Editor & Publisher;01/16/99, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the agreement of Donrey Media Group with MediaNews Group on January 1999. Control of William Dean Singleton over Donrey periodicals; Aim of the agreement; Circulation of the `Daily News' and `The Press Telegram.'
- More Publishers Join the KOZ.com Network. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p52
Reports on an announcement by KOZ.com that MediaNews Group and Donrey Media Group have committed to joining the KOZ.com network of local media affiliates. Other KOZ.com media affiliates; Comment from Mike Moran, chief executive officer of KOZ.com; How this move will now give KOZ.com the largest...
- What's in a name? Could be a lot of cash if you're quick. Ferguson, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;07/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p14
Discusses the importance of simple-to-remember Web site names. Acquisition of the rights to www.vegas.com by Greenspun Media Group; Donrey Media Group's purchase of the Internet domain name lasvegas.com; Number of domain names registered in the United States.
- After Singleton merger, Donrey Media sheds corporate layers. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;02/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the corporate structure at Donrey Media Group after its merger with William Dean Singleton. News coincided with the appointment of Sherman R. Frederick as president of newspaper operations; Executives who would retire at Donrey; Number of newspapers, television station and...
- Gannett joins Singleton's Calif. marketing megagroup. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;03/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p18
Announces the addition of Gannett Company's `Sun' to the partnership between MediaNews Group and the Donrey Media Group, by William Dean Singleton. Transaction approval by the United States Department of Justice; Marketing scheme for `Sun'; Comments from some publishers.
- KOZ.com signs three media groups. // Editor & Publisher;04/24/99, Vol. 132 Issue 17, p83
Reports on KOZ.com's signing of media groups Donrey Media Group, Knight Ridder and MediaNews Group to provide community newspaper publishing systems.