In the paraclete I trust
Tags: WOMEN priests
- Characteristics of women ministers in Arizona. Eaton, Kristine F.; Newlon, Betty J. // Counseling & Values;Apr90, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p205
Presents brief reports about women in the ministry in Arizona. Participation of women from several denominations in the state of Arizona; Number of women involved in study; Method used to gather information; Examples of questions included in the study; Information on the results of the study;...
- When events outrun theological consensus. Di Noia, Augustine // National Catholic Reporter;12/15/95, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p8
Opinion. Discusses the ordination of women. Ramifications of the Episcopal church's decision to ordain women; Church's action as a departure from common understanding among Christian denominations concerning ecclesiology; Rationale for admitting women to the priesthood; Arguments for denying...
- Nova's 5 and wants to be a priest. Now what? Ford, Shalynn // National Catholic Reporter;5/17/96, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p20
Opinion. Comments on the desire of the author's five-year-old girl to become a priest when she grew up. Author's problem of how to explain to her daughter that women are not allowed to become priests; Institutionalized sex discrimination; Oppression, discrimination and victimization of women;...
- The nuptial body. Callahan, Sidney // Commonweal;3/8/96, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the nuptial body in the context of writings of churchmen who resist women's ordination. Maximization and mystifying the status quo by gender differences; Critic Michael Novak; Affirmation of the sacramentality of all bodies and the goodness of human sexuality by maintaining equal but...
- Put the four arguments for female priests under examination and all four collapse. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/12/97, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p35
Opinion. Dissects the advocation for female priests as put forth in the letter by Patrick A. Daley of Fredericton, Alberta to the `Globe' newspaper. Why Daley feels that females deserve to be priests; The three arguments against Daley's assertion.
- Church of Sweden drops `conscience clause'. // Christian Century;11/16/94, Vol. 111 Issue 33, p1072
Focuses on the decision of the General Assembly of the Church of Sweden to accept only those candidates who accept the ordination of women to priesthood. Removal of `conscience clause' provisions; Consistency with the confession of the Church.
- Ash Wednesday protest. Vidulich, Dorothy // National Catholic Reporter;3/1/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p11
Reports that several women at Saint Matthew's Cathedral in Washington, D.C. marked the foreheads of about 100 supporters with ashes from a burned copy of the November 18, 1995, Vatican statement that the ban on women's ordination is infallible.
- After all, it was only a practice mass. Gentry-Akin, David // National Catholic Reporter;6/28/96, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p2
Describes a practice Roman Catholic mass celebrated by a woman in the United States. Education of seminarians; Spirituality of the practice mass according to those in attendance.
- Say a prayer for equality. Seymour, Sussane // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Sep95, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p27
Stresses that if women are to be encouraged as full and active members of the Church, their level of participation should be more wide-ranging and that fundamental changes at both a practical and ideological level be made. Responses to the Church of England's decision to ordain women priests;...