- Beverage executives fair well in severance, survey finds. K.P.K // Beverage Industry;Nov95, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the findings of a study on severance payments to different industry executives, according to outplacement consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison of New York. Generous severance payments for food, beverage and tobacco employees; Benefits continuation; Medical benefits.
- Sweet so longs. // Restaurant Business;8/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the severance pay received by chief executive officers upon their dismissal from employment. Amount that a CEO could receive in terms of discharge benefits; Exit packages as a pre-condition of employment; Risk in taking a new assignment.
- If your job's cut don't expect a decent `package'. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Sep95, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p14
Reports that many hospitals planning to reduce staff do not have a formal severance policy, according to a survey by the Right Associates. Cost effectiveness of offering severance benefits to employees.
- Four steps to establishing a sound severance pay plan. Zalik, Stephen // Supervision;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the factors that need to be considered in establishing a sound severance pay plan. Conditions under which severance pay will and will not be paid; Eligibility requirements and benefits payable; Form of the plan; Legal considerations; Requirements of the older workers benefits...
- Manufacturers are on target with severance policy. // Supervision;Sep91, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p26
Presents the percentage of the manufacturers in the United States which have a formal severance policy in place to cover layoffs or other termination situations. Findings of extensive survey of corporate severance policies; Comments of Frank P. Louchheim on the study.
- Does your severance plan make the cut? Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p32
Offers employers some guidelines for providing a severance package. Why companies offer severance packages; Whether to implement formal or informal severance policy; Description of the severance policies implemented by several companies including Coors Brewing Co. and Weyerhaeuser Co. INSET:...
- Severance agreements. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on severance agreements. Handling concerns; Insulation from liability; Factors in determining whether an employee knowingly and voluntarily agreed to a severance package. INSET: What does severance cost?..
- Severance pay drops for third consecutive year, Drake Beam reports. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p15
No abstract available.
- Severance plans shift away from cash. Szabo, Joan // HRMagazine;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p104
Discusses the expansion of the scope of severance package of employees in the United States. Addressing of employees' need for outplacement services and benefits; Importance of the cash component of the package; Need to determine the needs of a planned layoff; Need to state the calculation of...