Adventures in physicsland
Tags: SCIENCE fiction
- New sci fi magazine will launch this fall. Donaton, Scott; Kelly, Janice // Advertising Age;8/31/92, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p29
Offers a look at two new science fiction launches that will be launched in the fall of 1992. `Science Fiction Age'; Sci-Fi channel launch; Existing science fiction titles; What will be aired on the Sc--Fi channel; More.
- Fatal fiction: A weapon to end all wars. Franklin, H.B. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1989, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p18
Discusses how early science fiction shaped America's conceptions of nuclear weapons, and its responses to them.
- Forgotten treasures. Resnick, Mike // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Feb97, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p74
Recommends several science fiction classics. `Dark Universe,' by Daniel F. Galouye; `Robots Have No Tails,' by Henry Kuttner; C.L. Moore's Northwest Smith stories; Novel `What Mad Universe?,' by Frederic Brown; `Wasp,' by Eric Frank Russell; `The Ship of Ishtar,' by the late James Blish,...
- Forgotten treasures. Resnick, Mike // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jun97, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p108
Recommends several old science fiction novels. `Way Station,' by Clifford D. Simak; `Voyage of the Space Beagle,' by A. E. van Vogt; `I Speak for Earth,' by Keith Woodcott; `A Martian Odyssey,' by Stanley Weinbaum; `Dimension of Miracles,' by Robert Sheckley; Books by Leigh Bracket; Gene...
- Editor's recommendations. // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jul97, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p30
Recommends several science fiction and fantasy novels. `Nadya,' by Pat Murphy; `American Gothic Tales,' by Joyce Carol Oates; `Ambient' and `Elvissey,' by Jack Womack; `The Brains of Rats,' by Michael Blumlein; `None So Blind,' by Joe Haldeman; `Time Travel,' by Paul J. Nahin; `Space Travel,'...
- Editor's recommendations. G.V.G. // Fantasy & Science Fiction;May98, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p31
Recommends several science fiction books. Includes `A Century of Science Fiction,' by Damon Knight; John Kessel's `The Pure Product'; David Bowman's `Bunny Modern'; Sue Woolfe's `Leaning Towards Infinity.'
- Editorial. Van Gelder, Gordon // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Oct/Nov98, Vol. 94 Issue 4/5, p4
Editorial. Discusses science fiction, with reference to the article `Close Encounter: The Squandered Promise of Science Fiction,' by Jonathan Lethem, which appeared in the June 1998 issue of `Voice Literary Supplement.' Arguments presented in the article; Perception of Lethem regarding science...
- Tea and hamsters. Coney, Michael // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jan1995, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p8
Presents Michael Coney's science fiction `Tea and Hamsters,' a novelette about a highly prejudiced woman who has learned to accept an alien as a member of her community.
- Home for Christmas. Hoffman, Nina Kiriki // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jan1995, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p130
Presents Nina Kiriki Hoffman's `Home for Christmas,' a novelette about a lonely man who encountered a girl who could speak to inanimate objects.
- Sci-Fi Contest winners! Duffield, D.; Yates, J. // Odyssey;Jun91, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p12
Presents the winning entries in `Odyssey' magazines third annual Sci-Fi Contest. Features fictional stories about a picture of four explorers on the Moon.