PC-based RF signal generator
- Building stable RF oscillators. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Nov94, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p40
Presents design techniques to ensure the stability of signal-generating circuits or RF oscillators. Temperature; Oscillator operation; Power supply; Inductors; Capacitors.
- Build the E.Z. signal generator. Campisi, Skip // Popular Electronics;Jul98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p35
Presents a wide-range signal generator circuit design used in the construction of E.Z. Signal Generator. Schematic diagram of the E.Z. Signal Generator; Frequency range of the circuit; Components required for the construction of the circuit; Instruction on how to construct the circuit; Setup...
- TEST AND MEASUREMENT Agilent Technologies wins $35 million contract from U.S. Army for microwave signal generators. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p34
The article reports on the 35-million-dollar contract awarded to Agilent Technologies Inc. from the U.S. Army for the delivery of MXG microwave analog signal generators which is part of the latter's Test Equipment Modernization (TEMOD) program.
- 'Optimized performance of a powerful hollow-cathode rf oscillator. Felsteiner, J.; Ish-Shalom, S.; Slutsker, Ya. Z. // Journal of Applied Physics;3/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p2940
Presents a study which shows the maximal capabilities of a hollow-cathode rf oscillator. Information on the experimental process used in this study; Discussion on the physical processes controlling the oscillator parameters in view of its pratical application; Conclusion drawn from the results...
- Generation of RF Oscillations in the Interaction of an Electromagnetic Shock with a Synchronous Backward Wave. Belyantsev, A. M.; Kozyrev, A. B. // Technical Physics;Jun2000, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p747
A new mechanism for the transformation of video pulses into radio pulses during their propagation along a nonlinear transmission line with spatial dispersion�synchronism with a backward wave�is considered. Numerical simulations demonstrate that a substantial advantage of this mechanism over...
- RF oscillator uses current-feedback op amp. Koren, Victor // EDN;10/3/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p83
Examines the radio frequency oscillator with current-feedback operating amplifier. Outline of the basic block diagram of the amplifier in input stage with voltage follower; Aspect of the oscillator circuit on the linearity of the voltage follower; Calculation of the output voltage of the resistors.
- Build a `gate-dip' meter. Veronese, Fabio // Popular Electronics;Nov94, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p37
Discusses how to build a `gate-dip' meter which is a MOSFET version of the grid-dip meter (GDM). GDM as a very stable RF oscillator that can be tuned over a wide range of frequencies; Circuit description.
- Method provides simple error-rate generator. Williams // EDN;12/23/99, Vol. 44 Issue 26, p118
Discusses a method for constructing an error-rate generator for testing the performance of a electronic device. Computation of the n-bit threshold from a chosen bit-error rate; Accuracy of the system; Comparison of the threshold with the contents of the linear-feedback-shift register using a...
- Ultralow frequency perfect saw-tooth generator. Bayard, J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr2002, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p1918
A method allowing the making of a perfect ultralow frequency saw-tooth generator is presented. A description, with experimental results obtained on a complete realization using only versatile components, is also given. This saw-tooth generator was used to feed a three-phase, voltage controlled...