Making birthdays special
- What's hot in birthdays. // Discount Store News;7/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p41
Presents the results of research on Americans' celebration of birthdays. Number of Americans who had cake on their birthday; Party goods sales at discount stores and supermarkets; Birthday observance at the office; Exchange of cards and gifts; Pre-teens and teens as hefty card purchasers.
- Send me a memory... Black, K.S. // Good Housekeeping;Sep91, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p68
Describes the written memories the author asked special friends and family to give to her of her on the occasion of the author's fortieth birthday. These gifts turned out to be as much a gift for them as they were for the author.
- Birthdays. Rogers, Fred; Kwas, Susan // Ladybug;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, following p34
Discusses the importance of birthdays. Planning children's birthdays; GIft-giving.
- Birthdays: Creating a memorable celebration. Carroll, Catherine // Ladybug;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, preceding p35
Discusses tips on planning children's birthdays. Activities; Recipes; Music; Birthday traditions.
- Party survival guide. K.M. // Parenting;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p242
Presents tips in staging birthday celebrations. Includes planning; Hiring of helpers; Purchasing of supplies.
- It's party time! // Turtle;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p31
Suggests several tips on how to have a successful children's birthday party. Key to a successful children's party; How to plan four weeks before the party; Three weeks before the party. INSET: Recommended Reading..
- Cakes, cards, and candles. Brown, Camala // American Demographics;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the common forms of greeting given to birthday celebrants in the United States. Verbal greeting and cards as the most common; Differences in behaviors and attitudes among male and female celebrants; Contact information.
- It's my birthday; we'll go out if I want to. Edmondson, Brad // American Demographics;May97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p29
Presents a survey conducted on the way American celebrates their birthdays. Percentage of married men who go out with their wives on their birthdays; Persons that are likely to go out during their birthdays; Decreased in the percentage of romantic celebration of the couples with age 55 to 65;...
- Green birthday party ideas. Douglas, Ann // Natural Life;May/Jun96, Issue 49, p9
Presents environment-friendly alternatives to birthday parties. Planning the party; Entertainment; Decorations; Loot bags.
- Given the age gap between me and the guest at my surprise party, it seemed simplest just to play... Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;08/07/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4396, p55
Reports on an individual's experience with a surprise birthday party. Efforts of the individual to separate himself from the occurrences of the party; Reaction to individuals who were invited to the party.