Killed by a pedophile playmate
- Life sentence for pedophile murderer. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/18/94, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p51
Announces Jason Gamache, 17, of Courtenay, British Columbia, has been sentenced to life imprisonment for the brutal rape and murder of Dawn Shaw, 6. Gamache will be eligible for parole in ten years.
- Closing arguments in Orange County fortuneteller murder trial. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/18/2010, Issue 1156, p18
The article reports on the start of a closing argument on a trial of Tanya Nelson, a 45-years-old North Carolina woman, accused with murdering Ha Smith, an Orange County fortuneteller, and her daughter in California in 2010.
- After the apocalypse. Woodbury, Richard; Farley, Christopher Joh // Time;1/17/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p17
States that 11 survivors of David Koresh's Waco, Texas, cult go on trial this week in San Antonio for conspiracy in the murder of four Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents who died in the February 1993 raid. Tourists making the curious trek to Waco; The Robert and Marcia Spoon family,...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Japan. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Autumn95, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p930
Reports that Shoko Asahara and six other leaders of the religious group `Aum Shinrikyo' have been indicted of murder by the Japanese government. Reasons for the indictments; Other attacks by member of the group.
- Three years for a gunshop killing. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/28/94, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p43
States a 15-year-old offender has been sentenced to three years for his part in the July 1993 robbery and slaying of Gordon Davidge, manager of the Edmonton shooting range, the Firing Line. The youth pleaded guilty to manslaughter for providing the gun used by the killer. Jason Liss, 19, will...
- Rolando Cruz, a suspect for 11 years. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 239, p2
Informs about the discharge of Rolando Cruz who was found not guilty of the charges of abduction and murder of a young Chicago girl by the Illinois Supreme Court.
- The lady vanishes. Dunne, Dominick // Vanity Fair;Jun95, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p86
Considers the public's tendency to focus on defendants rather than on victims during courtroom murder trials. Trial of Lyle and Erik Menendez; Transformation of the defendant into a sympathetic figure; Dominating presence of O.J. Simpson during his trial proceedings.
- Milton Mulholland, a white Pittsburgh police officer. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;12/28/95, Vol. 88 Issue 23, p2
Informs about the latest status of the trial regarding the killing of a black motorist by Milton Mulholland, a white cop, as reported on December 27, 1995.
- AROUND THE WORLD: NETHERLANDS. // Advocate;6/14/94, Issue 657, p16
Reports that prosecutors will seek a first-degree murder conviction against a man in Amsterdam, Netherlands, who is accused of jabbing his former heterosexual lover with a syringe full of HIV-positive blood as an act or revenge.